Help › Forums

Re: Amy Winehouse found dead

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:22 PM (35 replies)
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:32 AM

JuanMendoza:

Enough of the pious rhetoric, she was just another ant in the hill.

The universe doesn't care.

And enough of the cheap callous invective.

RIP Amy.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 2:25 AM

OkieX:

Successful?

Don't think Hendrix or Cobain can be put in Amy's class.

LOL...you haven't an effing clue. Although, you can toss Cobain out IMO (Yes, saw them in concert, lived through that era as well).

Now Hendrix...wow, what an artist...and this was before all the hightech gizmos that allowed the sound to be heard so well.

It was said Hendrix was better live than on an album...ya know, them big black frisbee things:)

Just like in White Men Can't Jump, don't be dissing Jimi.

And see me in 40 years, will Amy be on the radio like Jimi has the past 40?

Anyway, not to belittle the death of anyone, but I have to stand up for my roots of youth;)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 4:15 AM

And The Wind Cries..

...Amy

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:47 PM

Shall we?
    Lets...

Macca’s have just introduced the “Amy Winehouse McHappy Meal”,
    ... just coke and ice

Elton John will perform at Amy Winehouse's funeral with a beautiful rendition of Candle Under The Spoon.

Can all those waiting to make a joke about Amy Winehouse please form a line.
    It's what she would've wanted.

Winehouse dying of a drug overdose is less of a shock than finding Smarties in a box of Smarties.

Amy Winehouse's manager has just announced he is to release Amy Winehouse: Greatest Hits.
    It's just a box filled with used syringes.

Amy Winehouses death is a huge loss to the industry.
    But drug dealers say they’ll bounce back.

What was Amy Winehouses biggest hit?
    Her last one.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:17 PM

I was never a fan of amy,but i have to totally agree with what Yankkejim has said,i remember when i 1st saw her on the Jools Holland show in which he announced there's a new jazz singer in town and i'm pretty sure she was drunk or on something then imo,so her demise was almost inevitable after the route she took of drink and drugs,which has been well publicised!!

To be honest the only person to blame for Amy's death is Amy,with her and Blake signing themselves out of rehab within a week of admitting themselves speaks volumes.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:22 PM

Here's 2 for the price of 1 Shrude ;-

Rupert Murdoch has said he was touched by some of the messages that friends and family had left on Amy's Winehouse's phone.

Whats the difference between Amy Winehouse and sir Alex Ferguson?...........Ferguson can still play Giggs

RSS