Help › Forums

Re: Swilken Burn bug on SA #1

Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:51 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 5:03 PM

Riverdude10:

Yes, I have had the same thing happen to me.  I lost 3 good balls!  It was as if the water was magnetic and the ball was steel.  It's either a bug or a good way to sell more balls.

OK, I think you experienced what I did. This wasn't a case where a shot came up 5-10 yards short unexpectedly. These were shots that should have gone 30 yards but only went like 7, straight into the water. Of it's not  bug, it's an unforseen lie that behaves like heavy fescue. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:41 AM

Usually with moderate tailwind wind , I hit it on my 265 mark. I have used my 3 wood for high winds.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 5:30 AM

Riverdude10:

Yes, I have had the same thing happen to me.  I lost 3 good balls!  It was as if the water was magnetic and the ball was steel.  It's either a bug or a good way to sell more balls.

Punch your driver off the tee. It will never get close to the water in any wind and leaves you a full wedge shot.  :-)

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 5:40 AM

Riverdude10:

People been saying that for years.....Stay away from the water if the risk is too high. Some really good players above offer some good advice. Take Heed gents.

• Riverdude10
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:51 PM

Exactly, it was a complete anomaly.  I agree with all the suggestions.  I am careful to stay well short so as not to have a repeat.  If it was real golf I would have climbed down in the water and gotten my balls back. Lol

• PAGES
RSS