Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ball replacement

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:10 PM (6 replies)
  • Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 9:25 AM

I think I know the answer but want to confirm it.

Last night i was playing golf here and ran out of the dove balls which are Gl tour sd  if I am not mistaken. I have sleeve of glenlivet balls which if I am not mistaken are the same type of ball as the Dove balls. Why then did wgt replace my ball with on of their range balls.

Only reason that comes to mind is the logo. Just curious is all as nothing can be done about it now anyway.

J

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 10:05 AM

The ball has to be the exact same one, even a different colour will not work.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 10:45 AM

Thanks SC it's what I thought when I was posting. :-))

Just that it doesn't make any sense in a internet game such as this.

Only to wgt I suppose.

J

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 11:08 AM

You even get a reminder before the game now. There's really no excuse for not carrying enough to last a game.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 11:33 AM

piztaker:

You even get a reminder before the game now. There's really no excuse for not carrying enough to last a game.

If you read his post the Gentleman said he had dove balls and ran out after which they were replaced with wgt range balls and not with similar ones already in his bag. Now the reminder wouldn't help with dove balls since they can't be purchased, so when you run out in a game your stuck with wgt balls. It would be better to default to other premium balls than those things.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:04 PM

Golfspieler:

piztaker:

If you read his post the Gentleman said he had dove balls and ran out after which they were replaced with wgt range balls and not with similar ones already in his bag. Now the reminder wouldn't help with dove balls since they can't be purchased, so when you run out in a game your stuck with wgt balls. It would be better to default to other premium balls than those things.

It says last ball of this type. The rules are over there about defaulting to stock balls. ------->>>>>

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:10 PM

piztaker:

I know there is no excuse for not carrying enough to last the game...I had a sleeve of the very same type of ball "Gl tour SD balls". Just different logo's. I ran out of Dove and was under impression that seeing how the glenlivet was same type of ball "GI tolurSD " that the used ball would be replaced by the glenlivet ball. 

How stupid of me.

J

P.S I did not get I repeat I did not get a reminder before the game.

RSS