Forums

Help › Forums

Re: some ideas

Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:16 AM

i get tired of people saying this to be honest. Its a business yes.... some things dont need to directly make revenue though, Better stuff in game means more players, which means more money through equipment, balls etc etc. Which means better rates for sponsorship etc. The main thing that generates the money for this game is active players. Apart from the obvious spending on equipment there are plenty more ways they make the money from advertising etc. So by putting in new stuff that would hardly cost them anything, lets face it, one of their programmers could do some of this stuff in a few days. Maybe instead of making more silly ball effects focus on somthing decent. Problem is they think this makes them money but really how many do they sell of them? 

Look at some of the biggest games out there, alot now days are free to play and yes there are bits to buy but majority of how they make money is by user count. Make a few new features, keep people interested and get some new ones. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 8:01 PM

Williams01210021:

i get tired of people saying this to be honest. Its a business yes.... some things dont need to directly make revenue though, Better stuff in game means more players, which means more money through equipment, balls etc etc. Which means better rates for sponsorship etc. The main thing that generates the money for this game is active players. Apart from the obvious spending on equipment there are plenty more ways they make the money from advertising etc. So by putting in new stuff that would hardly cost them anything, lets face it, one of their programmers could do some of this stuff in a few days. Maybe instead of making more silly ball effects focus on somthing decent. Problem is they think this makes them money but really how many do they sell of them? 

Look at some of the biggest games out there, alot now days are free to play and yes there are bits to buy but majority of how they make money is by user count. Make a few new features, keep people interested and get some new ones. 

I totally agree with you. Everything should not be about money, give something back once in a while.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:06 PM

Williams01210021:
    i get tired of people saying this to be honest. Its a business yes.... some things dont need to directly make revenue though,
    It is driven by multiple experience.

I'm quite sure that they evaluate the consequences of their action, and each update confirms it in the same direction: Revenue, revenue, revenue!

One example: According to their own statements, they have a second pin set available for each course. But, we haven't seen any for years now, not even when the USO course was already available. Some further fine-tuning work may be necessary, and it doesn't happen - disappointing!

Furthermore, they will not listen to those ideas of yours, period.

One, most of them aren't new, and two, some time ago, there was a big thread of new ideas, encouraged by a moderator. Later he came back to confess that none of the items on the big list provided would be taken into consideration.

=> They are WGT, hope is futile!

• PAGES
RSS