Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Quitters!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 29 2011 3:55 PM (5 replies)
  • LATrain
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 9:57 AM

I'm getting seriously pissed off with people quitting games.

Its so much worse if the game freezes. Anyone else sick of this and what can be done? There should be penalties for repeated quitters who either cant stand losing or want to protect their precious averages.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 11:42 AM

2,231 posts about quitters according to the search. I don't think it can be cured. People treat it as just another video game rather than caring about golf etiquette.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 12:47 PM

piztaker:

2,231 posts about quitters according to the search. I don't think it can be cured. People treat it as just another video game rather than caring about golf etiquette.

I agree with piztaker.  Players quit for a vast variety of reasons.. good and bad... and I know it is very annoying, but WGT will never do a thing about it.  They really can't. 

You just have to accept it and just finish your round alone.... or.... get pissed off and quit the round also.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 2:20 PM

LATrain:
    Anyone else sick of this and what can be done?
    There are four things that ~you~ can do about quitters, as WGT will not do anything.

1. Play with friends only
    2. Join and play with a CC
    3. Join and play with one (or more) of the off-site groups
    4. Get over it.

TBH, I just prefer number 4.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 2:25 PM

Snaike:

LATrain:
    Anyone else sick of this and what can be done?
    There are four things that ~you~ can do about quitters, as WGT will not do anything.

1. Play with friends only
    2. Join and play with a CC
    3. Join and play with one (or more) of the off-site groups
    4. Get over it.

TBH, I just prefer number 4.

Don't forget number 5. Accept that there isn't a thing you can do to stop it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2011 3:55 PM

Snaike:
    Play with friends only

Doesn't always work either.

MPC the other night, I'm up 2 with 3 to play, opponent disconnects for the 3rd time (previous two times told me "STFU, I'll do as I please", and let things time out in the lobby for my win.

Hmmn, went to his/her wall posted something or the other to the effect of being a puke.

A few minutes later I see he/she is online in my friends list!!

Needless to say I did a quick remove.

RSS