Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hard to believe!

Fri, Apr 13 2018 5:46 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2018 12:58 PM

See this stuff happen fairly regularly in the mobile coin games.  Even "starter clubs" with a full array of sponsor boosting equipment and a good ball are no longer "starter clubs".  But, they don't really equate to top end equipment with sponsor boosting upgrades either. 

Some of the playoff shots are not terribly difficult, whereas some of them anything inside 10 feet can be considered a good shot, especially with moderate or heavy winds.

My suspicion radar goes off however if I come across a lower tier player Pro to Master level and we tie for eagle on a par 5 or both birdie a tough par 4 and then they still throw a shot on the playoff hole from say 160y to inside 5 ft.  That is no longer simply a lucky swing of one or two shots but a well executed series of shots by a lower tier player.  I don't even hit those kind of shots all the time so when it happens I tend to feel I have a good shot to win, but that is not always the case.  

Crazy stuff happens, I have seen good players and lower tier players hole out their playoff shot after I hit a shot close.  It happens, I have also hit bad shots that surprisingly turned out well and still managed to win.  I am inclined to believe, it is in the interest of the game to keep the coins flowing in both directions and keep people playing so sometimes even when you hit great shots you are still going to get outplayed because the other person will either play better or WGT will allow one of those miss hits to turn into a great shot for them (and sometimes for me).

I just find it harder to believe someone that can execute so many shots that well, that also has reached upper Level 90's top end equipment can possibly still be on the tour pro tees, yet you see that happen.  On the other hand, I have seen some tour pros with top end equipment and wondered...not again...only to see poor course management and decision making and can then understand why those players are where they are...

The other aspect of this...especially when it comes to putting...the mobile game offers a "form of putting assistance on the greens with a green power range suggestion."  At times, it can be misleading though.  However, if it were not for that, I suspect the putting for many lower tier players would be far more erratic and less "precise" but as it is they rarely 3 putt because of the "putting help" they are getting on power tips.  This "tip" is no longer available when they play ranked rounds...so they find it more challenging to post such good scores when it comes to playing in a ranked round that would get them promoted.  They can be good coin players, but struggle otherwise.  It is the mobile players that learn to play without this that excel in either format.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 5:46 PM

uff da..

• PAGES
RSS