Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is WGT endorsed by the PGA?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:24 PM (7 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 2:33 PM

These two entities should be hand in hand as far as the game is concerned. This would stop a lot of conflict over a whole host of problems people have too. The game could be governed by the PGA rule book. This game has so much potential, But it's lacking that realistic quality and feel, Sure it looks real, But it doesn't feel real. A PGA endorsement could bring this to fruition. Imagine playing in the four majors on all of the real life PGA courses in that format, Having tee times and all the cool things involved in a PGA tournament. I believe the possibilities are endless.             

What do you think?  

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 4:08 PM

I think we'd all love to see that stuff, but unfortunately Electronic Arts has had the exclusive license to the PGA Tour all wrapped up for some time now. 

It's a good way to promote non-competition if you ask me.  =(

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 4:12 PM

Though I'm thinking WGT has a connection with the USGA... given the U.S. Open/Bethpage Black connection.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:09 PM

I agree to a degree (not a poet) But this is a different outlet, Right? An Independent if you will. This game blows EA golf games away. I believe if someone made the pitch to the PGA, It might raise some eyebrows. This game can do what EA golf games can't, It's PC, That's my point. But you aren't wrong either, It's definitely a touchy situation. It could be worth a pitch though.   :  )

Perhaps wishful thinking.  

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:24 PM

Unfortunately, your logic is all wrong.  EA can and does do what this game cannot, which is provide ample amounts of courses available for stroke play on a regular basis.  Any affiliation with the PGA would require massive amounts of golf venues represented, and given the pace with which it takes WGT to photograph, map, and release new courses it's just an unlikely pairing.

As doublemochaman stated, there is an affiliation with the USGA, and that makes more sense.  One-off tournaments such as the US Open provide WGT with enough time to map out the course of the year, and provide it in conjunction with the real US Open tournament.  That is why we have Bethpage Black right now (host of this past years US Open), but no other new courses since.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:34 PM

But let us hope that means Pebble Beach (2010 site of the U.S. Open) is soon on the way!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:42 PM

Oh Yes!!! Pebble would be so sweet!!!ummmmm golf

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:24 PM

In what capacity Tibbets are you talking? I have to buy EA games. WGT is free for PC. The PGA can endorse any entity they wish. Which is more realistic? Which game can offer the most play? I play EA golf and score 57 every time, It's boring. I can't do that at WGT. This is the question. Here I have to upgrade my clubs, With EA, I have to buy a $50.00 game and the gaming system to play it on. With a PGA endorsement, All the work it will take to make it happen will be funded. This is a PC game that has the potential to blow any golf game away from any gaming system out on the market right now. No one said it would happen over night, This would take a lot of hard work to bring to fruition, But The right people could make this game explode in a manner that has never been seen in any online PGA golf game. Forget EA, The rules could change, If any one has the guts to make it happen. WGT is here and now and it's better than EA golf.   :  )

Either way,  Nice debate Tibbet's.

P.S.  Remember, EA does not endorse the PGA!

RSS