Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just another hey there

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 4:58 PM (5 replies)
  • Zagie
    26 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:24 AM

Been on and off playing for about a month, read the forums all the time..Wanted to say I enjoy the topics as well as the friendly people on the boards..

I havent given multi player a go yet as i find myself pretty bad at the moment(better then real life thou), but look forward to being a active player here at wtg..

But i just play for the fun(because im not good)..So hope to see ya all at the bottom of the tourneys and the top of the post )

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:21 AM

Hi there too from another mediocraty!!

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:17 AM

well always looking for friends)

played my 1st multi player tonight and almost got to the green of the 1st hole befor i was playing by myself as i always do anyway..sorta wasnt alot of fun but o well i still enjoy playing golf more then i worrie about what others get out of this game

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:24 PM

Zagie... welcome... (reprinted from my profile):

Are you tired of pick-up rounds with quitters? The ladders at www.wgt.agls.org.uk, add to the fun of the game and keeps us all on our toes. Just friendly competition while playing. A tournament board & games arcade have also been added. Come see what it is about.!!  Sign up, invite us as friends and let's play some golf!!

Come and join the ladders.  Lots of people there now.  Take a few moments, register and drop into the Meet and Greet area (chat room) to make sure that you are all set and ready to go play ladder matches... where others rarely quit (if they do, there is a penalty, even for un-intended disconnections) and a good time is had by all.

The forums over there have a lot of good information as well.  It's a bit of a learning curve once you get there, but there are literally hundreds of golfers on this site and that one that are willing to lend a hand to get you up and running.

Enjoy!!

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:46 PM

hi welcome

this is a great game and all ican say is just hammer some ranked rounds or evem some practice rounds just to adapt to the game. just get a feel of the course, how they play and also how the clubs play. u'll begin to get familiar and then the addiction really starts

snaike advised well... the ladder matches are really good fun. u meet some great people and you learn some skills on the way.

God Bless and good luck out there

ES

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 4:58 PM

Thanks you 2..I am enjoying the game indeed..Very friendly people that i really enjoy reading there post..And the game indeed just takes consistant practice i see..Look forward to getting to know you guys alot better in the future

RSS