Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is this "approach" cheating, or just clever?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:49 PM (28 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:51 PM

Snaike:
    There... I have fixed the title for you.

You can change the title of the entire thread at any time, simply by typing it in.

Only on this webpage, not in threads overview in the forum itself. To accomplish that, the original poster can re-open the first post of this thread for editing, and change the title there.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:29 PM

Snaike... that is dangerous information.  Just think of the possibilities!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:40 PM

That was weird... I saw your change for an instant, then it changed back! Now, in my reply box, I see the change again! LOL!

I think I WILL go and try to change it... one less inference to the "ch-word" is always best, after perusing these boards. :/

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:43 PM

Hey! It worked!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:54 PM

Anyways... I just shot a -5 in the Kiawah Weekly 9-hole (unlimited) using this "technique", although I did have to make a few longish putts, as well, to do it.

So... it DOES work, in case any of those that were skeptical weren't thinking of taking advantage of it.

Woohoo! That round had me briefly under "70" average! That's a first! :)

To be fair... I'm finding that  setting-up your approach shot with a well-placed Drive (like in real golf) is THE big factor in lowering scores... and the WIND is the biggest factor for THAT (in my case).

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:11 PM

congrats on the -5...very nice!..and agreed on the tee shot setting up the approach...like K4, setup as far left as you can.

gl

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:19 PM

As long as we're (or "I" am) talkin' 'bout approach shots. I thought I'd mention this...

Let me set-up a shot first...

WIND: <--- 12mph

YARDAGE: 135

LIE: Fairway

GREEN: Landing area - Level to ^1ft

OK... I'd like to get the ball to stop with very little roll (if any)... here's what I've found:

I aim right, but not as far right as I used to. Instead, I hit the ball a little bit late (just past the center line on the meter). This seems to impart alot of spin "against" the wind, and when the ball hits the green, it goes dead! It may roll a foot, or so.

For the reverse windage, I just reverse how I aim, and hit early, instead. The greater the windage, the bigger the adjustment with the aiming target, and the farther from the center line I hit.

I found this "by accident" (heh-heh), but I'll bet it's a known fact... I just haven't seen it mentioned before. Try it out in the practice area where you can set-up the wind... I don't know why it works, but it does for me.

OH! Forgot to mention! Use full backspin! I rarely don't.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:25 PM

Thank you very much molideha! Appreciate it!

• BeachGolf
    119 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:49 PM

Hey to all the guys who used to play Links LS.  I played a lot of those online tournaments too.  I was fairly good and wasted tons of time playing it.  It was the best.  I even created the design of Muirfield Village that could be downloaded for Links LS play. 

Anyway, I liked the round clicker interface better, but I appreciate the innovative swing bar that they came up with for this site.  It will be better if they can ever make it smooth, but at least they can make it variable under different conditions/clubs.  I'm getting better at it, but I'd do better if it had a round clicker like Links had.

RSS