Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I Just got my Avg score to 59.54 Is that Good?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:40 PM (28 replies)
  • loveclose
    269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:28 PM

That's interesting - thanks for that info.

Thinking about it, there's no real harm in having practise rounds I suppose.

But quiting ranked rounds or competitions should maybe be reflected in the averages?  Difficult one, I know.  In fact, today I did have one adsl drop out that forced me to reboot the web prog.  Technically speaking under my propositions, that would count against me!!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:47 PM

You can always finish your rounds when you boot back up, it will ask you.

As for penalties, they are suggesting reputation tracking.

See here

Happy hitting....................Klavír

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 5:08 PM

Congrates Man, I'm trying to get down to master myself.

• BamaCowboy
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:15 PM

Well, I would never come on a site like this annd brag about my game, whether true or not.

Would anyone like an autographed picture of me wearing my Augusta Green Jacket from my recent Masters win? $10.00 to my paypal account. IM me.  :) 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:29 PM

Hmm, who do you think our good buddy 'Golfhammer' is now?

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:17 AM

You said: "But quitting ranked rounds or competitions should maybe be reflected in the averages?"

Why?

I seldom play against another because they ALWAYS need to leave before the match ends regardless of who is leading. And when I play alone, as much as like this game, there are problems, ESPECIALLY the swing-meter which is too often a disaster always about to happen. If when playing alone and suddenly a decent round has turned to slag, where is the harm in me choosing to NOT finish? I am tiered a "Pro" & am averaging almost 76. Is not as if I am tearing up the courses. I logon, play, pay and contribute; is my business how I manage my account.

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:33 AM

loveclose:
    Any others....on this site that average 111 or so and are not appalled by it, by all means get in touch for a bash.

Old scores drop off as new (lower score) rounds are recorded, bud, so your average will (in theory) reflect your steady improvement. Me? I pretty much suck. If you (or anyone else) ever want to play and share a few laughs, let me know. If I took my playing here seriously, I'd end up shooting someone. :o)

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 11:32 AM

Hello tuffgolfer, I understand what you are saying, however any time you quit a game, whether it be for meter problems or the beast or what have you, you are affecting your average score. If you play and post the score with the problems you encounter, then over the course of 10-15 rounds (or whatever they count for the average score) your average will show. Not everyone is playing like you, there are some people that just want a low average, like the original poster.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:40 PM

rustynipples:

Hello tuffgolfer, I understand what you are saying, however any time you quit a game, whether it be for meter problems or the beast or what have you, you are affecting your average score. If you play and post the score with the problems you encounter, then over the course of 10-15 rounds (or whatever they count for the average score) your average will show. Not everyone is playing like you, there are some people that just want a low average, like the original poster.

RSS