Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My recommendation to Make this Game Great Again

Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:46 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:34 AM

We are jaded. Everything has to be bigger, better, faster, more exciting, or more over the top to catch our attention. This is true with everything from WGT to the movies to professional football to parties and people. There was a time when body enhancements made of silicon were not in use but it has become a necessity to draw attention. A baseball game without a home run was the standard, not the exception. Four touch down passes by a quarterback named Graham was unusual, not the norm.

Yet here we are talking about how improved play has hurt WGT. Get over it;  it is a new world and you can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:38 AM

lonniescott711:
    Its not the clubs or the balls thats the problem .

I disagree Lonnie, it is primarily the clubs that have aided the scoring - think back to when the G10's and WGT ball was the best combo - no stopping the ball on a dime then,

I do agree constant playing is a contributing factor, but not the major one but new pins would help and at least break the auto-pilot mentality many of us have. 

I also don't think that Otto is the main culprit. Sure there will be a minority out there, but still not as widespread as some think.

I do agree with Damian and the risk/reward scenario........and for way too long WGT has missed the boat here - after all this is not the first time it has been suggested. This will not increase the distance, it increases the risk if you hit full power. This alone should peel back the ridiculous fairways hit and GIR, which compared to the PGA Tour, make the pros look like hacks!

Of course there are other factors that could be introduced, such as stance and grip, but they would require a total reprogramming and may alienate the non-golfers out there.

WGT did try to do this to a degree with UE Lies, but sadly that mark was missed by having to make unrealistic aims to counteract the lie - but still learnable for those that could be bothered. For many like me, it was a turnoff.

Like I said, the score i card is irrelevant, I will play to have fun and relax - If I score well that is great, if on one the rare occasions that is good enough to win, that is a real bonus but equally if I shoot a diabolical score it is no big deal.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 12:43 PM

Guess i didn't think about the obvious that if WGT made it tougher to shoot such low scores even for mediocre players, the best would still post 58's and the rest of us in the 60's - this is so self-evident im embarrassed the thought didn't come to mind prior to posting the query in the first place. Cheers mates, once again K reveals himself to be slow witted and lacking common sense... For shame - i'll tuck my tail and run along now.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 1:37 PM

Although its said its the clubs and balls if that were true then we all would be posting those scores . But thats not the case as we all know it . I`m not going to accuse a player of cheating just because they can play better than me .

The majority of us as high level players have the same club and ball combination . Yet we arent at that level as those some want to question . Me personally I dont play those tournaments so could really care less . But for those who do I say suck it up . Put your time in and learn to play better . 

For me the game plays fine and I have fun when I play . Thats all that matters to me not what some one else is doing .  So I`ll catch you for a round  and hopefully we will have some fun . So play well and good luck to all .

• Sm0knGun
    39 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:46 PM

I agree that new pin settings would make the game more interesting, if not higher scoring.  I am not at a point where I am drawing maps of greens anymore.  I know where my 2nd shot will hit from memory.  All I have to do is adjust for wind and hit my mark, because I have played the same pin hole location over and over and over again. 

• PAGES
RSS