Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ping Rapture Deviations...still

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 21 2009 12:06 PM (4 replies)
  • Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 8:25 AM

I noticed the following thread .  Is nothing going to be done about the deviations of these clubs?  I am getting the same results that tibs was talking about with this set.  The deviations are horribly wrong.  Why do deviations seem to be happening much more often that the Tour Starters?  And the deviations are going more off course than the Tour Starters as well.  For this amount of money, I expected better performance...

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 9:30 AM

After a few more rounds with them I also noticed they are in no way more forgiving that the Tour Starters either...

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 10:28 AM

I play in the master tier with the raptures, excepting for the R9 driver i put in my bag...i play raptures because i simply can not ding the faster meters consistently (i blame being 47 years old for this)....so, with a right to an opinion, and in all honesty, i'd say the rapture forgiveness helps me 3 to 4 times for every one time the beast/deviation hurts me....so where as i can relate to your experience, i'd say you are being unfairly critical.

gl

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 11:24 AM

If I was to compare the Raptures to the TaylorMades I would have the same conclusion as you.  But I am talking about a set of clubs that cost $14 compared to a set that is $3.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 12:06 PM

I think the "deviations" are a result of the beta system .... malfunctions or errors ... i've experienced wild offline shots even from hitting the excellent bar with the rapture and starter sets ... as well as wind that either pushes much harder than stated or strong wind that moves the ball not at all ... at certain times of the day it's so bad that it's useless to try to play a CTTH round ... the ball is just going all over the course ... 

RSS