Help › Forums

Re: Drive leangth.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 18 2009 9:30 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:25 AM

i agree with imcoola i think 275 is far enough 300 + with wind. i think any further and it just becomes crazy golf.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 4:52 AM

HMMMMM

The average driving distance last year on the PGA was 289.2 yrds.

For the average golfer it was 200-220 yrds.

Everybody thinks that they hit it a mile but when it comes to 'average lenght' off the tee the results are much more humbling.

• RevO1
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:16 AM

wow i can drive farther than the average pga golfer too bad the rest of my game is not up to "par" lol that is what you get when someone works out all of the time far drive and nothing else i usually drive around the 300 mark but you are talking about callaway clubs not some wal-mart brand knock offs

• palmamqui
    11 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 9:30 AM

I agree with icoola too.  There are still some issue with the game, but I don't think driver length is one of them.  The best players are already shooting well under par, and hitting the fairways regularly is pretty easy to do.  I think one of the game's best features is that shooting under par isn't automatic.  If it were, then this would be just another boring cartoon golf game with a bunch of players regularly shooting in the double digits under par.

• PAGES
RSS