Mon, May 9 2011 12:56 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:29 PM

ryan4spurs:

Bristoluk:

igiveup:

With the greatest respect Bristol, are you going to beat the posted 51...? I was pleased with my 60, that put me in 146th place...

thats nt the point lol if you won it say, you could nt claim the prize. thats my point. if Pluer wins it overall he cant claim the 1st prize, thats my point.

Well, the tourney at the moment is only a qualifier to get into the main tourney, but I do get your point about a non US resident or a resident of California not being able to claim the top prize.

i really hope that someone outside of the USA or CALIFORNIA does win it , then we will see what WGT does about that,  thats what needs to happen i think.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:29 PM

Bristoluk:

igiveup:

With the greatest respect Bristol, are you going to beat the posted 51...? I was pleased with my 60, that put me in 146th place...

thats nt the point lol if you won it say, you could nt claim the prize. thats my point. if Pluer wins it overall he cant claim the 1st prize, thats my point.

There is no prize for the May Kettle One, it is just a qualifier.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:33 PM

Bristoluk:

ryan4spurs:

Bristoluk:

igiveup:

Well, the tourney at the moment is only a qualifier to get into the main tourney, but I do get your point about a non US resident or a resident of California not being able to claim the top prize.

i really hope that someone outside of the USA or CALIFORNIA does win it , then we will see what WGT does about that,  thats what needs to happen i think.

As I stated before. I doubt whether WGT has any say on the prize being for US residents only. I'm sure the prize would be given out by Ketel One, with them being the sponsors of the tourney.

• Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:35 PM

BolloxInBruges:

Bristoluk:

igiveup:

There is no prize for the May Kettle One, it is just a qualifier.

thanks 4 that bollox bt i did know that lol, no disrespect against a great player like you,but if you win you can claim prize others cant  lol, i dont think that is fair.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:37 PM

Bristoluk:

WGTicon:

I am sorry but I do not know the specific reason but please be assured, if there wasn't one, we wouldn't set the limit

-wgticon

With all due respect WGTicon  thats a bit lame lol,people in WGT must know the reason.

You are right, I am sure people know why. I personally do not. I suspect it has to do with certain laws or wishes of sponsor or anything else. But my point is, that there is a reason. We do not just block off states or countries for no reason. There Is actually no point for doing that.

-wgticon

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 3:36 PM

thanx for the response - I know that its against to law in california.... but why Europe  - we had to open second CC - so Im sure there is enough money coming from here f.e..

It is allowed to play online games and bet online in my country and I WOULD LUV TO MAKE A TRIP TO U.S. if i win it  - the chance is there.

I expect same rules will apply ton congressional tournie coming next week.

thanx, Pluer * from a country, that is not eligible for US TOURNIES

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 8:10 PM

pluer:

thanx for the response - I know that its against to law in california.... but why Europe  - we had to open second CC - so Im sure there is enough money coming from here f.e..

It is allowed to play online games and bet online in my country and I WOULD LUV TO MAKE A TRIP TO U.S. if i win it  - the chance is there.

I expect same rules will apply ton congressional tournie coming next week.

thanx, Pluer * from a country, that is not eligible for US TOURNIES

Nice 50, btw, and ya, I do not know for sure. But, as far as I know, we always try to open for as many countries as possible.

-wgticon

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 12:42 AM

In this case it probably has partly to do with promotion of alcohol, which is pretty heavily regulated in some places. That said, being the "World" Golf Tour, WGT really should strive to make things available equally to its members all over the world.

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 12:51 AM
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 12:56 AM

pluer:

So does that mean I could shoot a 50 if I drank more beer?

• PAGES
RSS