Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Online Poker shutdown by U.S. Gov't

Sun, May 8 2011 11:30 AM (26 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 7:04 PM

I was a player on Party Poker which was the original site for many years.  About 7 years ago the government told all the sites to quit letting US players play for real money.  PP complied and sent me my funds back.  Full Tilt, Absolute and a few others chose not to comply and the Feds shut them down and froze all the money.  I played some on Full Tilt but not for real money. 

The ready go's and MPC on WGT are no different than gambling.  The feds won't hit up the WGT until it beomes much bigger.  Keep in mind these poker sites were running the deposits though off shore accounts and overseas account to avoid the US regulations.  They got what they deserved under the current laws.

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 8:12 PM

I sure hope they dont shut down WGT !!  But just in case  im gonna keep saving up credits  so when that day comes they return some REAL money  to me ! lol

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 8:51 PM

Poker stars & full tilt poker is still up & running for non us players. Really different with out us players on line you can now win a hand of poker with out getting 5 or 6 lines of F words cause you took him for everything or screwed him on the river.

Glad I live in AUS or sunny here will be out of a job :o(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 8:58 PM

Odd you don't capitalize US but you capitalize aus.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 9:03 PM

Sorry mistake US.

There is a downside can not play 12 tables of $5 - $10 buy in tables at once , tables are starting to become vacant.

Don`t no what will happen to these sites or on line poker in general in the future.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 11:47 PM

suncity28:
    Don`t no what will happen to these sites or on line poker in general in the future.

If they ever get this far (WGT vs gambling) I would guess the worst case scenario would be no more MPCs. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 11:30 AM

I still play some on Full Tilt the non money side and the player numbers are down by at least 75% I feel that the end is near for these sites soon.

RSS