Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Rankings?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:55 AM (8 replies)
  • steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 9:44 PM

Hello, is there any possible way that WGT can get a ranking system set up other than the money leaders?

If they were to go by rankings, they would have to make a formula other than going by players averages. I created a practice top 20 list using a formula, it would be nice to see all players rankings on WGT.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/4290.aspx

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 9:52 PM

Also, im not asking for a daily update, just weekly.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 10:54 PM

Why? What does it do?

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 7:02 AM

It's already been done.  WGT took it away and added the earnings top 10 list which is way more accurate!!!

IMO

Brandi

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:11 PM

how is it more accurate at all? No offense to any of the players on the top 10 earnings list, because they are great players and are deserving. but it shows they are capable of great rounds, but that doesnt mean they consistently shoot 60 or finish 70ft from the pin unlike some players do. i know that there are players not on that top 10 that are probably just as good if not better than some on the top 10.

Again no offense to anyone on the top 10 because you are darn good and way better than i'll ever be.

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 11:03 PM

howdy

the thing is,,, the parameters for the top ten list must be more up to date,,, example : if tibbets or avatar plays worser then a hack (what never will happen) during 1 year they still will be on the top ten list anyway..... i hope that WGT will bring some better statistiks soon....

regards

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 11:12 PM

Many of the top 10 listed won their money through a sweepstakes tournament, ie. People Vs. The Pro Sweeps.  It's not a skill based listing, just a list of who has won the most money.  There has been no comprehensive ranking system instituted by WGT, and I'm not sure that any such system is even in the works.  Since they are the ones who have all the data at their disposal, it's not feasible for players here to formulate adequate ranking systems.  It's been flawed from the start, and it's just something we all have to live with.

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:54 AM

I'm not sure i completely understand you tibbets?

• Blackwood
    32 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:55 AM

I would like to know where my rank is... something that I will never know based on a top 10 list.  Am I ranked 1500th or in the top 200 money winners?  I have no idea, but would like to.  Ranking lists could be available based on winings, scores, GIR, and other parameters.  There could be more than one list, and it could consist of every registered player.  I would also like to see separate lists based on tier.  Another suggestion is that the list is a rolling list of the past month or the last 25 rounds, or something like that.  There are a lot of ways to do this, I just wish WGT would do it in some fashion.

RSS