Forums

Help › Forums

The WGT Top 20 Players

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2009 8:40 PM (4 replies)
  • steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:04 PM

Hello everybody, i heard someone ask for rankings today, so i came up with my own formula to rank players. (I did my best to find the top players to rank, i apologize if you feel you should be on here.)

I ranked the best by a point system. i gave points for average, money list, last 4 stroke play scores, last 4 closest to the hole scores, longest drive, and longest putt made.               

•     20     NASAgolfer               -4.5
    •     19     BolloxInBruges         2.0
    •     18     MElli22631                  2.0
    •     17     kraneburg                   3.0
    •     16     SandyMcmandy          3.5
    •     15     ChrisCrosby               4.5
    •     14     DRWR                          5.0
    •     13     BALLSDEEP2             7.0
    •     12     iconian                         7.5
    •     11     florida1212                  8.0
    •     10     Awalt                            9.0
    •      9      JALAll                         14.0
    •      8      Dhani                          15.0
    •      7      nivlac                          15.0
    •      6      ncviz                           16.0
    •      5      HiroshiJPN                 17.0
    •      4      thunderbird                17.5
    •      3      AvatarLee                   18.5
    •      2      gitthe                           20.0
    •      1      Tibbets                        24.5

Well, i understand this list isn't perfect, but what changed alot was the last 4 closest to the hole scores. Anyway the point is wouldnt it be nice to see this every week from WGT. Please i would like to hear what everyone thinks about it, and give a list of your own if you'd like. and i'd like to apologize to snaike for being very rude to him a while back.

-Bunker y Boggy

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:37 PM

i think you gotta use a few more than 4. more like every posted ranked round. only way to get a true ranking, but you have most of the players on the list that should be there.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:43 PM

LOL... thank you for that apology, steelers.. although it was not necessary.

If the worst thing that happens today is that someone is rude to me on a golf forum, it will be a very good day.

Peace

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 7:36 PM

Hope to be making the list soon enough. :o)  I've only been on the site for a little better than a month and haven't had the chance to accrue the big bucks yet.

I love the idea but perhaps there would be a better 4th metric than longest putt made.  Maybe percentages of putts made 0-5, 5-10, 10-25, 25-50.  Also curious on the skills scores; is it the last 4 tourney rounds posted in the weekly closest to challenge for credits, scores in any skills comp, or actual rounds played?  My 2 cents would be that it should be last 4 weekly skills scores for credits as you get a better read.  If others are like me they don't pay as much attention to posting top scores in the sweeps as much as the contests for credits.

Good work Steelerspens, seems like a big job!

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 8:40 PM

i'm not trying to create a list. just trying to get WGT to create one. this shoulda been in product suggestions. 

And it was the last 4 posted scores of each stroke play and closest to the hole, i should have used tournament play as a factor. Also, i made sure the last 4 scores for stroke play were recently posted to somewhat make sure they dont only keep good scores. and thanks

RSS