Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Earnings

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 19 2012 2:54 PM (6 replies)
  • CLINTLIQUOR
    64 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:39 PM

When I go to my Country Club page it lists me as the owner, then Club earnings, and finally how many members I have. Just wondering what the Club earnings can be used for. I can't seem to use them for anything and if this is the case, whats the point?  

As long as I'm on the subject, what (if any) are the benefits of owning a Country Club? When I started my Club I assumed there would be some benefits included, but as far as I can tell I'm not much more than a regular member, other than the ability to add and/or remove members (which is to be expected).

This is not to say I am not enjoying it. I believe this is the best golf sim out there and am enjoying it immensely. I do spend some time when I log on doing administrative stuff such as checking status of club tournaments and cruising the forum looking for helpful links that I can add to my Clubs forum and answering posts from other members.

It would be nice if I got something for my efforts.....

just sayin....

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:46 PM

From what I can tell the "club earnings" is just a way to show how much the club as a whole has earned when combining all members career earnings.. and in no way is a balance useable by the club as a whole.. 

As far as the difference between a club owner and member.. the only difference i see is the ability to add or remove members...

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:23 AM

NickN85:
    From what I can tell the "club earnings" is just a way to show how much the club as a whole has earned when combining all members career earnings.. and in no way is a balance useable by the club as a whole..

Actually you are wrong, this was set up so that clubs could use it at some point in the future but they still have not developed due to the restrictions in certain states and countries. As far as anyone knows it may never be used.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:40 AM

Well I reckon you are wrong Sarge. Perhaps Icon could give his opinion.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:51 AM

piztaker:

Well I reckon you are wrong Sarge. Perhaps Icon could give his opinion.

Might be but that is what I recall having read not to long after the clubs were created. Hmmmm

• CLINTLIQUOR
    64 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:56 PM

I was actually looking for some sort of reply from devs, but thanks for your opinions

CLINTLIQUOR:

When I go to my Country Club page it lists me as the owner, then Club earnings, and finally how many members I have. Just wondering what the Club earnings can be used for. I can't seem to use them for anything and if this is the case, whats the point?  

As long as I'm on the subject, what (if any) are the benefits of owning a Country Club? When I started my Club I assumed there would be some benefits included, but as far as I can tell I'm not much more than a regular member, other than the ability to add and/or remove members (which is to be expected).

This is not to say I am not enjoying it. I believe this is the best golf sim out there and am enjoying it immensely. I do spend some time when I log on doing administrative stuff such as checking status of club tournaments and cruising the forum looking for helpful links that I can add to my Clubs forum and answering posts from other members.

It would be nice if I got something for my efforts.....

just sayin....

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 2:54 PM

I second the motion !

Can;t see much point to have an earnings if it's just a blah blah look how good we are.

I envisioned it being available for the club to stage a tournament with the earnings available as a prize pool. If you start a tournament with a 5 credit and only get 6 players then the prize pool is hardly worth winning if you try to divide it amongst the competitiors.

By members using their credits to enter your generating revenue already. How can a club generate revenue if a tournament is not being taken up by enough people ?

Members MAY have spent money buying those credits so WGT is making something already potentially. But is a tournament cannot offer good prize kitty then people will opt to go somewhere else. As online Club Owner we could say contribute a portion of the clubs earning into the pool making the kitty attractive then the chances are the number of competitiors will increase substantially. Potentially WGT will sell more credits to people who want to compete !  This would encourage owners to stage more events and hence attract more players.

Also would like to see this optioninternally within the club so that the club can ut up a small pool for its own members encouragin them to use the clyb and work harder to build up the clubs prize pool so it can run more events

Thats my thoughts anyway

RSS