Forums

Help › Forums

Re: MATCHPLAYS AND DQ'S

Thu, Feb 3 2011 5:51 AM (6 replies)
  • knipe
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 4:13 AM

WGT discon me 3 times in a matchplay game and the screen appears that say - theres a problem!!!! Remember, challenge games involves some credits. NOW. If u discon 3 times WGT DQ that player. I pay to play - they discon me, they get there fee, and i lost my credits and a bad stat. WHAT UR GOING TO DO WGT - CAUSE THIS IS ROBBERY. But now a  player calls me a cheater cause ur discons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 9:19 AM

Hi,

To play without disconnects, requires constant connection. This is much different than say using other websites like google.com. When you use google, you enter text and search, but between you entering text and searching, your Internet may have disconnected a few times and then reconnected. Because you only use internet when you actually click search, you rarely notice it. With games, it's not true, that's why it is sensitive.

I live 3000 miles from the actual game servers and I rarely have disconnects. That's just because I have a more stable Internet connection. If this was WGT's fault, then you would see 100's players at the same time have the same issue. A perfect example happened a few weeks ago when our ISP had issues, and then EVERYONE had issues and not just isolated few at random times during the day.

I am sorry you have having trouble, but this one is not our fault

-wgticon

• knipe
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 12:29 PM

o well i'm actually not the only 1 complaing

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 1:27 PM

Thats a bit of a blinkered response Icon. To say it's not your fault without knowing all the facts...

I'm yet to play in a single A/S match where no-one has connection problems (after about 70 A/S matches played that is) ... could it really be so coincidental that I just "happen" to pick up people with some connection problems? 

I think its more of a problem with ping**, coupled with the problem icon mentions above ((which is a "ping" thing, just Icon doesn't mention that it also takes into account the ping rating between both players and the server, and both players with each other)) AND a problem with WGT's servers...

Yes, I know...I'll get in trouble for this. But its true, just because not everyone comes to the forums to moan about connection issues, does not mean that its not happening.

Just sticking my oar in - seeing as I'm almost at the 100 posts mark :D

** some game clients actually have a ping rating which for those that don't know, shows the compatibility of the connections of those involved and represents it as a number - the higher the number, the more chance that you will experience lag and/or disconnection

• knipe
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 10:56 AM

just happened again with me and my partner - got penalised heavy. i now i dont mind to get thrown off this stupid *** game but wgt really stinks. enjoy the money that u robbed from us players!!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:40 PM

Noobingalltheway:

Thats a bit of a blinkered response Icon. To say it's not your fault without knowing all the facts...

I'm yet to play in a single A/S match where no-one has connection problems (after about 70 A/S matches played that is) ... could it really be so coincidental that I just "happen" to pick up people with some connection problems? 

I think its more of a problem with ping**, coupled with the problem icon mentions above ((which is a "ping" thing, just Icon doesn't mention that it also takes into account the ping rating between both players and the server, and both players with each other)) AND a problem with WGT's servers...

Yes, I know...I'll get in trouble for this. But its true, just because not everyone comes to the forums to moan about connection issues, does not mean that its not happening.

Just sticking my oar in - seeing as I'm almost at the 100 posts mark :D

** some game clients actually have a ping rating which for those that don't know, shows the compatibility of the connections of those involved and represents it as a number - the higher the number, the more chance that you will experience lag and/or disconnection

I tried to keep things simpler. But you are right. It's also much different for outside the USA. Check the 42% issue, when many players in one country cannot connect to us because of the issues with their Internet service provider.

My main point was/is though that if it was primary on our end, then there would be 100's of simultaneous complains, instead of few at different times.

-wgticon

• pippss
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 5:51 AM

Dear Icon I really do feel sorry for you guys , 99% of the time these users have issues is do to their lack of understanding of how the internet works. How the ISP's rent or lease IP addresses and rotate them in and out for the bulk of users that pay for services, ISP companies will roll back bandwidth to many people to save $$ and other tech workarounds . People have computers littered with spamware / spyware / viruses / outdated security patches ,,on and on I go. Flash is very tempermental and needs a clean OS with updated patches to run smoothly , Good luck and pass the Tylenol!  Keep up the great work ,love this game and all for free , you guys ROCK!!!!!!

RSS