Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Men,s sport has went PC mad

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 26 2011 5:46 AM (5 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:12 PM

Women obviously don,t have the strength to compete in most male sports but now they are being included as referee,s ,linesmen,umpires etc .Should they be included in male sport as ,as soon as the slightest inuendoe is cast they spit the dummy out .

Three as in one sentence -now that is good .

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:43 PM

I read about that furore with regret.Regret for the departure of common sense.

Furthermore,I wouldnt say that those two fellows have come to approbation because of a woman who complained,rather it is the media that has whipped up a veritable frenzy aimed more at sales of newsprint than any ideological premise.

It is just plain wrong that comments made between two men about the frailty of women referees(et al) should be seen as anything but the meanderings of the male mind,something that is perfectly natural,and not at all objectionable,at least not to me.You should hear what we say about you guys...

What I DO find objectionable is the Politically Correct take on this matter of utter triviality,and sadly,what appears to be the weak and feeble voice of a dying nation of human beings falling for such twaddle.

I say " Vive la difference!" and hang all the so called "Sexist" morality.I mean come on,so we are meant to be the weaker sex,but does that mean we cannot live through a joke or two here and there?And do we want our little gurlie hands held to help us through this trauma? Nope. Get real Britain.We can account for ourselves.

Moving on. Where's My blimmin' wooly knix?

Lizzie

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 1:57 PM

thank you lizzie - a voice of sanity .

and i love you all .

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:20 PM

Good post Lizzie.

Personally, I reckon Sky wanted rid anyway, and this is a convenient reason.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:49 PM

LizzieRossetti:

I read about that furore with regret.Regret for the departure of common sense.

Furthermore,I wouldnt say that those two fellows have come to approbation because of a woman who complained,rather it is the media that has whipped up a veritable frenzy aimed more at sales of newsprint than any ideological premise.

It is just plain wrong that comments made between two men about the frailty of women referees(et al) should be seen as anything but the meanderings of the male mind,something that is perfectly natural,and not at all objectionable,at least not to me.You should hear what we say about you guys...

What I DO find objectionable is the Politically Correct take on this matter of utter triviality,and sadly,what appears to be the weak and feeble voice of a dying nation of human beings falling for such twaddle.

I say " Vive la difference!" and hang all the so called "Sexist" morality.I mean come on,so we are meant to be the weaker sex,but does that mean we cannot live through a joke or two here and there?And do we want our little gurlie hands held to help us through this trauma? Nope. Get real Britain.We can account for ourselves.

Moving on. Where's My blimmin' wooly knix?

Lizzie

What a load of utter bollox. It wasn't just neanderthal musing from Gray and Key that was plainly sexist, it was the inference on the woman's professionalism. These guys are a pair of clowns, both with previous, which is why Gray was fired immediately and Key's position is untenable.

I very much doubt you are what you purport to be. No intelligent female would condone such rampant sexism and slanderous comment perpetrated against a sister in the public eye, or anywhere else for that matter.

The Yak

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 5:46 AM

Don't know whether I should get involved in this or not.  Well, what the hell!

Don't watch football - got to be one of the most boring games around.  I remember a teacher at school saying 'football is for pansies'.  Didn't know what this post was about, so googled 'gray keys referee' and found the story.

To some extent I agree with Lizzie, but I also agree, to some degree, with Yak.  During the very few times I have watched football on tv I have heard many rude comments against male referees and linesmen.  And how was it viewed?  They were 'off the cuff' comments and no one batted an eyelid at them.  So, to this incident... linesman made a mistake, commentators weren't happy, made some comments - BIG DEAL.  The only thing I would say is that the commentators should be setting a good example be it male or female referees/linesmen; yes, they can express their views as to good or bad decisions, but do it in a more professional manner.

Snooker has a female referee.  She is highly respected amongst everyone in the snooker community.  Agreed, snooker refereeing is easier as the game is slower and you have time to think before making a decision.  But even then, they occasionally make the wrong decision.  JV et al may say it was a poor decision, but it's left at that!

I either am currently or have been in the past a referee/umpire in 4 different sports, including football.  And there's times when I wonder why we bother!  If they can't play the game to the rules, then let them carry on and make a farce of it.

My final thoughts... if you're going to cheat (as all footballers do) so as to have to employ referees and linesmen then remember, a referee is ALWAYS right, even when they're wrong.

RSS