Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game not loading

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:06 PM (8 replies)
  • chriswx
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 4:21 PM

when i click to play a game it doesnt load, does anyone know what could be wrong? thanks

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 10:11 AM

Hi Chris, what do you see on the screen? Is it all blue, or does it load partially and then stop?

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 12:26 PM

An interesting phenomenon that I've noticed potentially related to Chris' problem is as follows: The menu on the left column of the screen will not load unless the browser tab containing the WGT URL is the active one. Perhaps this is FireFox related and not a bug in and of itself, but worth mentioning. =)

• chriswx
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 4:09 PM

at the first loading screen it was loading to 80 and then going no further, before that it was going to the screen when it would load the course and just stay at 0%. i downloaded firefox and it was working but its stopped working and now only fgoes to 40 on the first loading screen :(

• bigjgunz
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 7:42 AM

I am also having a problem loading the game.  I can log in and see that I have friends online, but they don't see me as being logged in and if I click the "PLAY NOW" button, absolutely nothing happens.   Up until yesterday afternoon it worked flawlessly???

***Deleted cookies and history and now it works again.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 10:31 AM

Hi chris, have you followed the recommendations in our system requirements post? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• AussieDog
    92 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:19 AM

Hi

I just joined WGT and every time I click PLAY NOW either nothing happens or a window pops up then disappears within 1 sec ........ and nothing else happens

HELP PLEASE :)

Note: Have tried with Pop Up Blocker off and accepting pop ups from WGT

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 4:12 AM

I do think this will be related to your pop-up blocker and its (in)correct configuration, AussieDog.

Also, try launching the game in various browsers. Does the issue as described occur in every browser?

Another solution: go directly to the address where the game takes place, without opening the game in a pop-up window. Just click on this link and the game should begin: http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

You can bookmark this address in your browser and then always launch the game via your bookmark, so that you never have to open the game in a pop-up window. (The only advantage of opening the game in a pop-up window is that the window's size is automatically adjusted to fit the size of the golf game screen. However, you can launch this game in any window and then fit the window's size to your liking manually later on. You can also switch to the full-screen mode in your browser and only then launch the game; works especially well on an LCD TV; the vast expanses of Bethpage fairways and greens look awesome on those dozens of inches of a TV screen!)  

• AussieDog
    92 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:06 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Opening from the link you gave works perfectly :)

RSS