Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay: Oct2015

Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:08 AM (315 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 5:02 AM

Thanks everyone!

I also got a confirmation via PM from Ian for Match E.

So that now means every player except Tess has confirmed the times for the remaining Foursomes matches:

MATCH E ::  BigKnight & Young46             vs         Legaci & Corwyn

is confirmed for Wednesday 10/28 at 5pm UTC (10am WGT time)   STREAM
    [BK, Jason, & Ian's 1pm; Corwyn's 10am

MATCH C ::  rfpoul & jaycen129                 vs         Daskino & Priestess

is PROPOSED for Thursday 10/29 at 2pm UTC (7am WGT time)
    [awaiting confirmation from Tess]
    [Remi's 10am, Jaycen's 9am; Tess's 2pm; Lu's 3pm]

MATCH F ::  JJ656 & frenchconnect &       vs         fmagnets & Wontonamo

is confirmed for Thursday 10/29 at 11pm UTC (4pm WGT time)  STREAM
    [JJ's 6pm; Jon's 7pm; Mags' 9pm; Tom's 9:30am Friday 10/30]

MATCH A ::  Wesdogg75 & fredsf              vs        KonradOse & Saurabh08

is confirmed for Saturday 10/31 at 4:30pm UTC (9:30am WGT time)
    [Fred's 9:30am; Wes' 11:30am; Konrad's 5:30pm; Saurabh's 9:30pm]

Here is the spreadsheet itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AVAILABILITY UPDATES?

I'll be asking Team Captains to submit their 'secret envelope' order for the Singles series in the next day or so...

... So.... this would be a great time to let me know of any schedule changes that affect your availability from this weekend on (i.e. Sat 10/31 - Mon 11/9.

Thank you!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 5:35 PM

REMINDER: scheduling for the Singles matches is likely to happen tomorrow afternoon WGT time so please let me know if there are any restrictions (or extra availability different to the chart that will affect your times next week (from Sat 10/31-Mon 11/9).

Thanks!

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 9:44 AM

Sorry for delay:) 2pm Tomorrow afternoon my time is perfect!!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 12:37 PM

Ian and I just got well beaten by BK and Jason in Match E. BK was his usual impressive self, and Jason acknowledged he'd done his homework since last week, and is clearly a rapidly improving UEL player!

Congratulations to the two of you! I just wish we'd given you more of a match. We were holding on for a bit on the back 9 but needed putts like this on #11 and this on #12 to drop to put some pressure on after winning #10. The front 9 was where the game was lost though... :(

Final score was 5&3, and we'd had a half hour break after 9 to let Jason collect his son, who'd had a sports injury - hope that heals well!

Current Event Score:

Team USA 4 :: Team ROW 5

We have two matches tomorrow and the final Foursomes on Saturday, but also please look out for the Singles information coming later today/tomorrow.

Thanks,

Corwyn

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 1:16 PM

Thank you Corwyn!

Enjoyed the match. Team USA had a strong start that put  Ian & Corwyn in a hole early. I believe if a couple of more putts had fallen for them that the match could've had a different outcome. My partner Jason was solid throughout, and I was fortunate to hit some solid shots as well. Good luck to all in the remainder of the matches and Go USA!!!!

=bk=

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:20 PM

Very nice win for Team USA.

Congratulations BigKnight & Young46 on winning the point.

Go Team USA

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 10:11 PM

Corwyn:

REMINDER: scheduling for the Singles matches is likely to happen tomorrow afternoon WGT time so please let me know if there are any restrictions (or extra availability different to the chart that will affect your times next week (from Sat 10/31-Mon 11/9).

Thanks!

I will not be available the weekend of November 6-9. If my opponent can't play on Saturday, I will do my best to help it fit in somewhere else.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 12:26 AM

Thanks for the info mm... just in time!

I'm hoping it can work this Saturday 10/31, provided Konrad is willing to play his Singles against you, as well as his already-scheduled Foursomes on the same day. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, the singles has turned out to be quite a challenge to schedule.

The method is an established one, so that there's no temptation to settle on a series of matches that might favor one team over another.

A word on the process here... As as I do every time, I followed the set-out procedure for setting up matches (see bottom of page 7 of the thread), starting with 1-1, 2-2 etc of the captains' secret envelopes. 

We really do follow a 'secret envelope' method, with Russ sending me via email his list in numbered order, and Joe doing the same via PM. Russ' came in first this time, but I can promise you I didn't look at it or communicate with Joe prior to getting his list.

The lucky part comes if I put it all together and it happens to work first time... On this occasion it didn't. To avoid any possibility of fixing who plays whom, Russ and I have worked out a system whereby if any particular match-up can't work according to the Time Chart, we try the next combination. Thus, we start 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6; if that fails to produce six viable matches, I try reverse order 1-6, 2-5, 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 6-1; if that fails I shift the numbers by one, 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-1; and then by 2, and so on.

This time around, it was only on the 7th try that it worked by shifting by 5 (1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4-9, 5-10, 6-11, 7-12, 8-1, 9-2, 10-3, 11-4, 12-5), producing matches with substantial time overlap for every game.

For full transparency, you're welcome to see the other tries in the spreadsheet. Just tab through them at the bottom. I flag the matches that don't have overlap with RED highlight.

So, our 7th iteration worked, and here are the matches it produced:

Please note that some players' Time Zone is flagged in ORANGE highlight in the spreadsheet Time Availability Chart. This signifies that their clocks will go back with the change to Daylight Savings on Sun 11/1 early am, and thus their 5pm will now be 4pm. I left the Time as is in the event that those matches may be played Sat 10/31 (as some may have to be). 

Team USA                     vs         Team ROW

A ::      Young46                        vs          Daskino

B ::      Wesdogg75                    vs         Priestess

C ::      rfpoul                              vs         johehejo

D ::      KyRock75                      vs         FairwayRuepel68 

E ::      frenchconnect                vs         Wontonamo

F ::      JJ656                             vs         Saurabh08

G ::     BigKnight                        vs         fmagnets 

H ::     ColumbusStorm             vs         JoeMaverick

I ::       jaycen129                      vs         Corwyn

J ::      mmyers0                        vs         KonradOse

K ::      fredsf                             vs         duffputt 

L ::      Jerm65                          vs          Legaci

Suggested dates/times for Matches: will follow in a subsequent post

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 5:41 AM

BK and I will try for tomorrow (Friday) at 11.30am his time if that's OK with everyone. We have Monday as a back up day. I'd like it to be done before Wednesday, and we don't have overlaps on weekends or Tuesdays, hence the usefulness of playing a day early if allowed. Thx, and good luck and have fun to everyone.

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 7:02 AM

Corwyn:

MATCH C ::  rfpoul & jaycen129                 vs         Daskino & Priestess

is PROPOSED for Thursday 10/29 at 2pm UTC (7am WGT time)
    [awaiting confirmation from Tess]
    [Remi's 10am, Jaycen's 9am; Tess's 2pm; Lu's 3pm]

Looks like we're ready to start in a few mins. :)

No stream tho, sorry.

RSS