Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tough-It-Out VT August event: Oakmont

Sun, Sep 6 2015 9:59 PM (83 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:17 AM

fmagnets:
    4 pics would suffice if you want to do it this way - 3wd, 3H, LW and SW. And I know you're technologically gifted enough to manage this as you already do 4 pics for the stats ;-)

Mags is right: these 4 extra pics would suffice if anyone can't figure out the bag hover...

but 5 seconds of google searching was enough for me to find out how to do it with Windows: e.g this link (including their quick video)

How to Take a Screenshot of a Drop Down Menu

One thing I love about my Mac is the ability to just click Command + Shift + 4 to take a screenshot. It will even take screenshots of right click menus or items I am hovering my mouse over. Sometimes those things are really important! I had difficulty figuring this out on Windows 7 because Print Screen did nothing, but the amazing Beth Kranz knew how to do it!  Here you go:
    1. Open up the Snipping Tool.
    2. Hit the Escape button. 
    3. Bring up the info/text you are trying to grab (right click, hover, whatever you need to do). 
    4. Press Control and Print Screen at the same time. You should get the same crosshairs you normally do with the Snipping Tool. Use your mouse to select the area you want to grab and work as usual with the Snipping Tool. Voila! 
    Not having a PC, I can't test this, but it was written with Windows 7 and presumably still works. Edit: Windows8 & after seem to not need the Escape step:

Capture a snip of a menu

1. After you open Snipping Tool, open the menu that you want a picture of.

2. Press Ctrl+PrtScn.

3. Tap or click the arrow next to the New button, choose the kind of snip you want, and then pick the area of the screen that you want to capture.

-----------------------

Andy: if you want to get mad about this, get mad at WGT engineers for inept programming and help advocate for a fix. If it were my company, I'd be thinking if there can't be confidence in the results of tourneys set up specifically to be level basis across the board, it would reflect on the credibility of the whole game, and I'd want to get it fixed pronto!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:53 AM

Corwyn:

5 seconds of google searching 

Cool it with the technobabble Corwyn!! You'll have poor Andy rummaging around with his nut-sack ;-)

I personally just press printscreen, open up Paint, click paste, and save that image. Then load that file to the image hosting site etc.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:56 AM

fmagnets:
    Cool it with the technobabble Corwyn!! You'll have poor Andy rummaging around with his nut-sack ;-)

FU    :-))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:00 AM

Corwyn:
    Bring up the info/text you are trying to grab (right click, hover, whatever you need to do). 

Couldn't do it as to 'grab', I had to move cursor, thereby not hovering anymore.

AAAAARGH !

Corwyn:
    Andy: if you want to get mad about this, get mad at WGT engineers for inept programming and help advocate for a fix

Yeah m8, you're right.....WGT ineptitude as per

If it was a $10 entry fee it'd be fookin sorted rapido for sure !!

B.astards for making me have to think / look...was going to have a relaxing afternoon sunbathing too.  ;-))

Andy

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 1:55 PM

I was told i had to do the bs copy paste thingie even if the tourney had set rules...

So here goes...

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:21 PM

Bad month 4 holes unreachable in reg = headwinds :-(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 5:58 PM

huh?

• HoylakeHunter
    904 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:23 PM

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:10 PM

Video of clubs:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v456/roidrage/WGT/Tough-It-Out%20OAK.mp4

Click here to play this video

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 5:53 AM

I've read and re-read to make sure that if I stream, beginning with the game client and equipping the clubs and balls, and the entire round (non-stop video stream), I don't need any screenshots. I was playing and couldn't remember what was needed so I took screenshots of all clubs, putter, and ball on the last hole right before my final putt. It's all on video, too. Will the video be sufficient? Not that I am in the running for anything, but to be safe I wanted to ask.

Jay

RSS