Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club trade ins

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 13 2009 11:38 AM (8 replies)
  • anotherhook
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 6:37 AM

Well, it seems like I have a Taylor made burner than is now officially crap. As I have only recently bought the thing, it seems a bit rich to have to buy another driver to gain another 20m. The Burner has also gone down in value now, so my purchase feels even worse. On top of this, there are more club upgrades to come!

I like the options, really I do, but if this is going to be a regular event, how about some upgrade options. I trade my burner in on the R9 and get my burner value off the upgrade price. If the upgrade cycle means 20 metres every couple of months until everybody is happy they can't hit the ball as far in real life as far as in the game, it is going to be really annoying.

I know WGT has to make money - I gave some of my own to have more fun and be competitive - but I don't really want to have to do it every few months to stay competitive. 20 metres is a long way to be behind every hole

• Kingz916
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 6:49 AM

Yeah i fel the same way buddy. I bought Drivers and irons 2 days ago. ANd now they spring these new stuff on me i would of lovedddddddddddddddd to wait for these ones

• LCBlackSox
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:21 AM

If WGT wants to create long-term loyalty, it would make perfect sense to have a trade-in system in effect for clubs/sets.  Why?  Because it would benefit those who make multiple purchases from WGT.  As it is, a newbie can come along and buy a set for the same price as the guy who has bought 4 sets previously, and get the same result.  Kinda a slap in the face to repeat buyers, and very unrealistic if you look in the real world.  If WGT is refusing to use tap-ins within a foot and citing realism for not doing so, then they should follow their own advice and allow for a discount when you trade in an old set.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 11:46 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a "sellback" feature in the works, and we will announce the expected release date as we get closer to completing it.

• LCBlackSox
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 11:47 AM

Awesome, great decision.  Thanks for letting us know, too.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 12:01 PM

Great! I'll buy a lot more now knowing someday I can rid myself of my old ones thanks!

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 4:44 AM

When!   A few days, a week , a month.  I too appreciate the advancement in equipment.   However, after buying new stuff and then finding a few months later that it is "outdated" is disheartening.  With the trade in feature most players will upgrade.  Thank you,  just my 2 cents worth...

• sabbath27
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 1:58 PM

Also, could I suggest the ability to "gift" things to people, instead of selling them back I might like to just give them to my friends.

Thanks

• TechnicalFoul
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 11:38 AM

I waited and waited for new clubs to arrive...and they did!  Picked up a $9 Rapture and am now creaming the ball 250+.

Now I'm waiting for a putter that actually hits it straight.

RSS