Forums

Help › Forums

Re: stumped

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 19 2010 10:34 PM (1 replies)
  • ppswinger
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:59 PM

Could someone have a go at explaining this. 

185 yards to the green which is 2ft below ball in fairway, no obstructions between ball and green, 9 mph direct tailwind.  My 3 iron goes 188. was too strong on the swing, spacer bar stopped just shy of the 188 max, had full backspin on the shot, missed the ding by minimal amount.  I fully expected the ball to fly at least to the pin and end up at the back or over the green. Shot went 145 in the middle of the fairway. That's at least a 45 -50 yard error.

This seems to happen at least semi-regularly...once every one or two rounds.  Please don't bother to reply with a "that's golf" comment.  I have been playing over 40 years and that is certainly not golf.  When it first happened I shrugged it off to a computer glitch, but after many occasions with similar or even more bizarre results I have to come to the conclusion that something in the program is out of whack.  When I started this game I was impressed at, among other things, how real it was. I certainly don't enjoy hitting bad shots and when it's my fault I accept the results, but I cannot abide a game that seemingly decides on its own to penalize a good swing.

I also admit to the reality of hundreds of game players shooting fantastic scores but this problem cannot be just the version of the game on my computer. On the other hand how to explain a 45 yard error on a swing less than a millimeter from perfect?

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 10:34 PM

I think it is just a game glitch. I have had a fair few coming up 30 yards short fairway to fairway little wind. Annoying though.

RSS