Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Who designed this game?

Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:54 PM (8 replies)
  • nickd2509
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 3:10 AM

I may not be a computer game whiz and I'm only a high handicap golfer but I've come to realise that there is no consistency when playing this game! I've just played 2 holes on St.Andrew's, both perfect drives, wind 14mph and 20mph from behind, distance 316 yard and 286 yard drives respectively. Can anyone explain? Also when pitching or chipping with a lofted club with maximum backspin, no backspin!!

As I said, I'm a high handicap golfer and the real thing is a damn site easier than this inconsistent game.

• W000T
    104 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:40 AM

Chad Nelson and YuChiang Cheng are the co-founders of WGT.  Find more info about the game at wiki.com

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 3:53 PM

This game IS realistic in my opinion. Do you get full backspin on a pitch or chip when you play? And on the drive part you have to remember the ground plays a role in that too. St. Andrews is the worst course about having humps in the middle of the fairway. Maybe one of your drives hit the upslope of one of these humps and the other hit the downslope.

THIS GAME IS REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stencil

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:22 PM

Well considering that wgt picked more than $20 million in sponsorships you would think that they would spend some of it to improve alot of the bugs, and buy their own servers to stop some of the overload and problems they get using datapipe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:53 PM

nickd2509:
    I've just played 2 holes on St.Andrew's, both perfect drives, wind 14mph and 20mph from behind, distance 316 yard and 286 yard drives respectively.

Where you land makes a huge difference. Land into the side of a  rise and end of distance. SA has that all over the place. That's what it sounds like you did on the second drive. Ever notice how the fairways kinda steer you into the rough from certain spots? Zoom your drive aim and look at it in reverse too. Plan the landing. GL

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 3:34 AM

YankeeJim:

nickd2509:
    I've just played 2 holes on St.Andrew's, both perfect drives, wind 14mph and 20mph from behind, distance 316 yard and 286 yard drives respectively.

Where you land makes a huge difference. Land into the side of a  rise and end of distance. SA has that all over the place. That's what it sounds like you did on the second drive. Ever notice how the fairways kinda steer you into the rough from certain spots? Zoom your drive aim and look at it in reverse too. Plan the landing. GL

exactly what I said.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:57 PM

it's like Deja Vu all over again

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:54 PM

your absolutely right, I have been playing this for months and until recently have

never lost so many balls. No 1 at SA will take them every time unless you hit 20 yrds

past the pin. I have lost 5 today when only 30 yrds from the pin. I set my meter at 30 yrds with full backspin and it goes 8-9 yrds and in the water. The burn should be full by now so you could just roll over it. Whoever is recycleling these is a very wealthy person. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 1:23 PM

stencil:
    exactly what I said.

Yup, you're right stencil. My bad. You get credit for stating the obvious first. 

I get credit for the tip.  :-)

RSS