Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Blitz 'Recovery Bonus'

Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:08 AM (2 replies)
  • RunningTim
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:22 PM

An apology if this has been mentioned before.

I find the false tempter of a ‘Recovery Bonus’ on the Blitz game counter productive and no way productive of a fair round of golf.

Why should a competitor be given a get out clause in recognition of failure, agreed, this is a fun tournament but there should be no reward given for pitching into water.  Who decreed that finding water as opposed to ‘Rough’ or ‘Bunker’ should merit double points on the next hole?

I am also beginning to suspect that there are an increasing number of competitors now approaching the water holes in a nonchalant manner in the knowledge that they will regain their points at the next green.

Let the game adjudicate itself, if you feck up be prepared to loose the points and learn from it I say.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 11:13 AM

It has been discussed on other threads, and many others agree with you, including myself.

I might point out that the only scenarios where the player gets the opportunity for the double recovery bonus is after a lost ball. I'd be interested to know if those playing free balls get the same recovery bonus, or if it is only those who have lost a purchased ball.

In either case, I am against the recovery bonus, but would like to know this in order to get a better perspective of it from WGT's end.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:08 AM

The recovery bonus is so annoying!!! It's craaaaaaaaaazy! Please reduce it to something like half of a green streak! Players who get every single green get hardly anything in reward!

Doodles

RSS