Patdeez

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 10:57 AM

Patdeez:

Hello,

How do I get rid of the Ball Speed Boost?  It is really annoying.  Thanks,

Patdeez

You can turn it off by going to menu in the game client then selecting settings.  You will see where you can turn the ball boost off.  You can also do it in game.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:36 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Patdeez:
    How do I get rid of the Ball Speed Boost?  It is really annoying.  Thanks,
    You can turn it off by going to menu in the game client then selecting settings.  You will see where you can turn the ball boost off.  You can also do it in game.

Problem is, when rewarded with the Clash prizes, there's no way to set the ball boost setting OFF because it is OFF. Nevertheless, the boost action is ON. So, double action is necessary to turn it ON and eventually turn it OFF in the settings.

Confusing, but that's not new to experienced clients.

• skydave4
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 12:38 PM

Hello,

I am unfamiliar with the term "game client".  I'm actually fairly new to WGT.  I guess I got the boost speed from a "Clash prizes.  Would you be able to elaborate on how I can shut it off.

Thanking you in advance.

skydave4

• skydave4
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 12:44 PM

Hello,

I feel stupid, but I discover how to turn off the speed boost in settings.  I just wasn't familiar with the term "game client"

Thanks,  I'm good,  I believe .

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 9:51 PM

alosso:

Problem is, when rewarded with the Clash prizes, there's no way to set the ball boost setting OFF because it is OFF. Nevertheless, the boost action is ON. So, double action is necessary to turn it ON and eventually turn it OFF in the settings.

Confusing, but that's not new to experienced clients.

Well, I bought the regular speed boost to try it out and could not get it to work.  After searching, this was the best post I could find related to the issue - so I tried the advice alosso gave.  That was after I had just made sure the boost option was turned on.  I turned it off and played a one-hole game (PC).  Turned it on - played another one hole.  No change.  Tried changing in the lobby "Settings" and in the game "Options".

Still did not work.

When you buy the boost, WGT says you must equip it, but, of course, it is not in the equipment so it can't be equipped.  (I noticed WGT still has a 2009 video to explain how to equip".  Fairly dated and useless now!).

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 10:47 PM

Well, 3 3/4 years after my post, it works like a charm here, except for putts. 
    Disclaimer: I didn't buy any since then.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2018 9:08 PM

Well, I sent a message to CS last night and, lo and behold, it is now working!

CS responded (as they usually do), saying they had not had a chance to test it but to let them know if it did not work now.  They obviously fixed it.

I told them it worked and thanked them.

It does help get through a round quicker!

RSS