Help › Forums

Need help lvl 25

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 27 2015 5:22 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KMuehlbauer
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 6:03 PM

Just started playing the game again from a long stop because I didn't want to pay for credits.  So I started playing again and was once again sad that you have to pay to be competitive.

I am reaching out to the advanced players for some advice on how to go about building my bag.  I don't have the money to spend on credits unfortunately, so I will try to do surveys once facebook allows them again.

As of right now my bag looks like this:

All starter clubs except Taylormade rocketbladz that I got from buying my wife flowers for Valentines day.

Below is what I think would work for a long time:

Driver : Callaway big bertha (Expensive, but should hold me over for a long time. right now 225 yards off the tee is killing me.)

Woods: Last on my list to look at buying.. unless others tell me they are important, I just don't use them often.

Wedges: Would love Cleveland, but 500cr for each is expensive.. thinking the ping Gorge or taylormade atp.  DO you suggest buying one over the other? I don't seem to use my lob that often.

Putter: I putt very well with the starter putter so don't see a huge upgrade and worth the money to buy a new one.

Balls: I buy the WGT 10cr ones when I have some credits... otherwise just use starter ball.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Wish I had a ton of money to spend and might be helpful in long run so I can win tourneys and get credits that way.

Thanks for all your help!

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 2:54 AM

You play extremely well for being away from the game for so long. A 67 for 18 holes is pretty good. So I would suggest to get 3 wedges and a driver first. This driver may be the best for your level at the moment: Covert 2.0 Driver (L25+) And either the TaylorMade ATV 54° Wedge (L14+ or the Gorge 60° Wedge (L18+) would be ideal for your level. I would prefer the Taylormade ATV wedges since they have more spin to help with approach shts to the green.

• KMuehlbauer
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 9:30 AM

Thanks for the advice.. I was thinking those TM ATV would last for a while as well.  I was thinking holding off on the Driver till later in the game, and getting a solid 3wd.  I TaylorMade R11 3 Wood for only 395 credits seems like a steal.

Might get me though to not having to have a driver for a while.. I just can't afford a driver that would actually help.

What is your opinion on putters? wait?

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 1:07 PM

Well, regarding putters it all depends on how you play the game. I'm an Off ding type player to compensate for the breaks unless it's pretty much a straight line to the hole. So My first choice when I started was this putter. 

TaylorMade Spider Putter (L19+)

400 Credits
    And now own this one:

TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L35+)

800 Credits
    And I have heard that if you ding most of your shots then this putter is really good.

PING Anser 2 Putter (L28+)

450 Credits
    The Ping Anser is kind of like this putter, which a lot of people like to use.

TaylorMade Daytona Putter 2011 (L55+)

725 Credits
    Regarding Drivers: There are two that come to mind that are very forgiving, Nice distance (250 yrds Plus). I really like the first one and spent a whole week staying up late doing surveys & watching videos to break the price down for my R1 driver; and it was worth it.

TaylorMade R1 10.0 White Driver (Aldila 55 shaft) (L11+)

1,995 Credits
    Heard good news about the SLDR

TaylorMade SLDR 10.5° Driver (White) (L23+)

1,995 Credits
    And also the Big Bertha

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5° Driver (Fubuki shaft) (L18+)

1,995 Credits
    So the driver will take some time for you to acquire but will be worth it in the long run.
    Hope this helps.
  • KMuehlbauer
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:11 PM

Thanks for your input!  Just played two torneys and once the greens get harder putting with the starter is very difficult.  Seem to miss with consistent distance control, not sure if a new putter would solve this though.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:53 PM

KMuehlbauer:
    What is your opinion

Given in the other thread.

Putters: None below 500 cr.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:59 PM

josephk2317:
    TaylorMade Spider Putter (L19+)

Probably you won't know what you want at this level, and your skills won't tell the difference to the Starter putter - discard.

josephk2317:
    PING Anser 2 Putter (L28+)

The same...

josephk2317:
    TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L35+)

TaylorMade Daytona Putter 2011 (L55+)

These are the first choices - be wise!

Sorry to say, none of the drivers mentioned will hardly beat the R11 3WD in value for money.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:57 AM

alosso:

KMuehlbauer:
    What is your opinion

Given in the other thread.

I'll take u on with a beginner putter.

100, 200, 300 any course

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 6:20 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    alosso:

I'll take u on with a beginner putter.

100, 200, 300 any course

Would you do it with the EZ Swing? *laughs*

The Starter putter is quite good within 15 feet, so it's no problem if you know to keep the pin distances short.

And, it's in line with my advice: With access to the first, mediocre putters, approx. up to level 30 (that's "below 500 cr"), players usually aren't good enough to tell the difference to the Starter putter.

• KMuehlbauer
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 9:06 AM

So what I am gathering is get the r11 3wood, hold off on a putter as long as possible.

Now just to get to level 30 and get some credits.

• PAGES
RSS