Help › Forums

Re: UEL Ryder Cup@Olympic: Jan24-Feb16

Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:35 PM (278 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:58 AM

Week 3 Singles Matches Announced!

The secret envelopes were as follows:

Unfortunately, the direct correlation 1-1,2-2, etc did not quite work out perfectly, the only snafu being the exception of my own potential match with Wes (11-11).

We have no viable overlap during the week, and our weekend window was, on further communication and reflection, not possible. So, we moved forward to the next permutation, which was reverse order (12-1, 11-2 etc), which produced all 12 viable matches.

Below is the line-up for the singles matches:

Week 3  (from Sat 2/7 to  Mon 2/16) will be 12 singles matches, played over all 18 holes at Olympic with the following conditions:

Olympic :: 2-player Matchplay :: Scored :: Full 18 holes :: Uneven Lies :: 60 second timer :: all other conditions as set by the game lobby

Please note: Matches should end at the 18th, if they haven't ended earlier. You should not play Extra Holes. If match is tied after 18, then the result is A/S, and each team wins 1/2 pt.

The line-up for the 3rd week Singles Matches, to be completed by Mon 16 Feb, is as follows (see Availability Chart here):

Team USA                 vs                 Team ROW

A ::        KyRock75                    vs          fmagnets

B ::        Wesdogg75                 vs          sebicu 

C ::        mmyers0                     vs          KonradOse

D ::        GolferDadRB               vs          Wontonamo

E ::        iconian                         vs          Priestess

F ::        Devonnnnn                  vs          Daskino

G ::       DaveDwingdale            vs          FairwayRuepel68

H ::        fredsf                           vs          johehejo

I ::         ColumbusStorm           vs          Saurabh08

J ::        BigKnight                     vs          JoeMaverick

K ::       bhoese                         vs          Corwyn

L ::        ab1983                        vs          emmalinks

Suggested dates/times for Matches: will follow in a subsequent post if needed... Note that in the spreadsheet, I've highlight best overlapping times.

Here is the Chart in picture form: right-click to open in new tab, (note: it's easier to read in the spreadsheet itself; also the spreadsheet will be constantly updated; it's dynamic, while this pic below is not!)

link to large pic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do next?

Send Friend Requests to your opponent from the other team. Either use this forum thread to confirm your matches via public replies (please quote this post and any relevant replies to make it easier to track), or do it all via PMs. [Always post here in the thread so we know you are scheduled.]

This tourney will not work if you rely on just 'catching your opponent green' -- you must schedule a specific time and date, and be there at that time!

The ROW team, who will still be competition leaders regardless of the results of the remaining 2 Foursomes matches, still have the honor, and so should set up the Singles matches and be the first to tee off. 

Please each capture and share scorecard screenshots in the forum thread (winner should post if they are able; loser should capture card and save just in case it's needed). Note that there can be an A/S result, which will mean 1/2 point to each team.

Any questions, please ask here!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone, Corwyn

Now that we are down to 2-player games, it will be possible to have a 3rd player join and livestream (and hopefully, Twitch/archive the stream) for some matches if neither of the players are themselves videoing.

If you are willing to have your match streamed, and have the time to have a 3rd player join you, please post here in the thread... (obviously, the match would then need to be set up as 3-person Strokeplay). 

... and, if we have any willing 'streamers' please come forward!

Edit: removing this as an option. Match Play rules are too important!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 8:29 AM

Match I ::         ColumbusStorm           vs          Saurabh08

Is scheduled for this Saturday Feb.7, 13:30 UTC

8:30am ColumbusStorm local time

18:30 Saurabh08  local time

5:30am WGT time

Go Team USA !

• PRIESTESS
    10,706 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:03 AM

Does this mean the Alt shot games will finish by Feb 7th?

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 10:48 AM

Match H : Jorg    vs     Fred

Scheduled and confirmed for Sunday Feb 8, 9:00 am PST, 18:00 pm Jorg's time.

Go Team USA ! (as well :))

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 11:26 AM

PRIESTESS:

Should be. The final AS is tomorrow, unless they have problems again and it carries though to Saturday.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 12:28 PM

Corwyn:
    MATCH D :: is scheduled for Thursday, Feb 5 at 6pm UTC (10am WGT time) at the above local times.

D ::  BigKnight & ab1983                  vs       emmalinks & Corwyn

Congratulations to BK and AB who soundly beat us in the Foursomes 3&2.

It was a pretty scrappy, tense match, full of all sorts of errors, and many putts missed! We even had a couple of timeouts on the ROW side...

After an awful first 2 holes, ROW were 3DN through 5 following some adventures with the left bank above the green on #4 and the trees on #5, Team ROW fought back with birdies on #6 & #7 to just 1DN. After trading the next 2, it stayed 1DN for the next few holes, BK sinking a clutch 12 footer on the 12th after Em had knocked her approach stiff. I had a nasty 7ft curler chance on #13 that I misread, and then on the 14th BK played a beautiful 2nd just below the hole to secure birdie for Team USA. Onto #15 and AB knocked his tee shot to inches, while I managed to leave an 8ft putt on the lip, doh!

Speaking for myself, I just couldn't get my game together, this near-miss on #16 when an eagle was required to keep the match the going, pretty much summed it up!

That makes the overall match score:

Team USA 3.5 :: Team ROW 7.5 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 1:50 PM

Corwyn:
    Now that we are down to 2-player games, it will be possible to have a 3rd player join and livestream (and hopefully, Twitch/archive the stream) for some matches if neither of the players are themselves videoing.

If you are willing to have your match streamed, and have the time to have a 3rd player join you, please post here in the thread... (obviously, the match would then need to be set up as 3-person Strokeplay). 

... and, if we have any willing 'streamers' please come forward!

FYI all. We're going to nix the 3rd-person idea. Concerns have been raised about this as an option. Essentially, we've realized it's too important for the format of the event that we preserve true Match Play strategy (i.e. the chance to concede putts/holes).

So, no 3rd-party streaming player to be used after all. 

If you can stream a match yourself, that would be great (or even if you can record it for sharing later).

Sorry for the confusion. Hope all is clear now.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:15 PM

We've scheduled our match for 9am WGT time (noon eastern time) on Saturday 2/7

G ::       DaveDwingdale            vs          FairwayRuepel68

I am hoping that another match will be going on at the same time so nobody will want to watch ours.  I am still working the bugs out with streaming. I may try it if I think I have it figured well enough by then.  If not I will record the match and upload it when we finish.

Dave

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:16 PM

fmagnets:

PRIESTESS:

Should be. The final AS is tomorrow, unless they have problems again and it carries though to Saturday.

MATCH B :: this Foursome will now try again on Monday, Feb 2 

Friday, Feb 6 at 4pm UTC (8am WGT time).

Live Twitch (if all is OK!) @ http://www.twitch.tv/devonrenouf

B ::  Devonnnnn & DaveDwingdale  vs       KonradOse & Saurabh08   

Devon (Devonnnnn): your 12:30am local time.

Dave (DaveDwingdale): your 11am local time.

Konrad (KonradOse): your 5pm local time.

Saurabh (Saurabh08): your  9pm local time.

Don't worry, we'll get it done.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 5:34 PM

Corwyn:

BigKnight & ab1983                  vs       emmalinks & Corwyn

Congratulations to BK and AB who soundly beat us in the Foursomes 3&2.

That makes the overall match score:

Team USA 3.5 :: Team ROW 7.5 

Props to Team ROW for fighting back after a rough start...Corwyn gave everyone the highlights (and i was on chatz during the match giving the blow by blow so most of you already know how it went)

My partner Ab was solid, especially down the stretch. (the spirited side in me was happy to get Emma & Cor back for their win in the FOurball last week lol)

I hope this match was a battle cry for Team USA.......it's comeback time!!!!

bottome line...this is fun....thanks to Corwyn and his crew for putting this on :)

USA!!! USA!!!

RSS