Help › Forums

Re: Hi There!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:06 PM (3 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:23 AM

Fellow WGT'ers

As you may have noticed over the past few days, I have joined the ranks of the WGT moderator team. I have been here as a player (aka Iconian) since the beginning of this Beta, and am looking forward to providing you whatever helpful insight I can, both as a Moderator and as a former player. Those of you who have played with me in the past know that I am pretty straight forward and direct, so you can look forward to me answering your questions as honestly and simply as I can.

I look forward to the challenge of being in this position, as I enjoy helping players understand the game as much as they can so they can enjoy it as much as I have over the years!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:52 AM

Welcome...good to have another moderator on board.   

From all the negative postings, its obvious to me that this web site needs more communication and straight talk with is its members.  Most, that have been here a while, know that the FREE registration is a marketing ploy to get people in the door...and that is understandable.  But I think much of the resentment lies in not letting new players know, up front, that this game is for profit and that it becomes very difficult at the higher levels.  Most of us old timers learned that the hard way, and some figured it out faster than others.  But when people understand what they are getting into at the beginning, and honest talk from moderators is a good way to do that, there should be less animosity when they find out they need to buy equipment and balls to play the easy version of this game, they need to play a lot to Level Up to Unlock equipment, or that they actually need to practice and use even more credits to become competitive.   

All we should expect from WGT is a fair, honest and fun game...what we should not expect is a game that is easy or one that is FREE.

Joey    

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 12:35 PM

Welcome and congrats ............................now about that meter............lol

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:06 PM

Congrats, I like the South Park character  ... not nearly as interesting as you're last picture ... LOL

RSS