Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WTF WGT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:45 PM (8 replies)
  • Swingbag
    22 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 7:35 AM

I dont know what the hell was done but I have gone from shooting par or just under on each course to 5 -7 over every time.  The physics have changed so much I cant buy a frigin birdie anymore.  Sometimes a ball in rough has no bearing at all on shots and sometimes it does?  How does my 5 iron rated at 177 never even go 160 with a tail wind?

And why does the wind only play a part if it is against you?  If i compensate for wind it never has the same wind effect as if i didnt .  Everything is so inconsistent now I cant even play.  Anyone else having such inconsistencies?    I WD from a tournament because i was at 9 over on 10th hole and wasted the 100 credits.   Can anyone pinpoint what they changed so I can at least learn to adjust my strokes.  I have played at least 20 25 rounds and cant find any consistency.  What i adjusted before in same situation has a total different result. 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:16 AM

Swingbag:

I dont know what the hell was done but I have gone from shooting par or just under on each course to 5 -7 over every time.  The physics have changed so much I cant buy a frigin birdie anymore.  Sometimes a ball in rough has no bearing at all on shots and sometimes it does?  How does my 5 iron rated at 177 never even go 160 with a tail wind?

And why does the wind only play a part if it is against you?  If i compensate for wind it never has the same wind effect as if i didnt .  Everything is so inconsistent now I cant even play.  Anyone else having such inconsistencies?    I WD from a tournament because i was at 9 over on 10th hole and wasted the 100 credits.   Can anyone pinpoint what they changed so I can at least learn to adjust my strokes.  I have played at least 20 25 rounds and cant find any consistency.  What i adjusted before in same situation has a total different result. 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I am not sure what you are describing. Are you talking about being put into tour master field and have longer holes? Or something else?

Also, remember, longer irons fly more but also run more, so if you are not landing in proper spots, the 177 will go 160 :)

If you can provide more details, maybe a replay or two, I can take a look. Comment on my profile once you save few replays with similar examples as you have mentioned above.

-icon

• Swingbag
    22 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:35 AM

Icon

thanks for replying.  I have been tour pro now for weeks and have slowly been getting better.   So my tier hasnt changed.   My drives are fine and my putting is as good as i can do at the moment lol.  Its my approach shots that have gone crazy.  I spoke with a few friends and they are having the same issues.  3 tour pros's on a 9 hole course all shooting 5-6 over when we normally would be shooting between -1 to +1 max.  It seems to effect the irons only and i have my raptures for a while and was consistently shooting 140-160 on ctth games and now everything i have learned is out the door.  I will try to get some replays

thx

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:19 PM

Swingbag:

Icon

thanks for replying.  I have been tour pro now for weeks and have slowly been getting better.   So my tier hasnt changed.   My drives are fine and my putting is as good as i can do at the moment lol.  Its my approach shots that have gone crazy.  I spoke with a few friends and they are having the same issues.  3 tour pros's on a 9 hole course all shooting 5-6 over when we normally would be shooting between -1 to +1 max.  It seems to effect the irons only and i have my raptures for a while and was consistently shooting 140-160 on ctth games and now everything i have learned is out the door.  I will try to get some replays

thx

To be honest, I don't know. I use raptures and yes, 200 yard approach shots for legends are hard to get close to the hole, but it gets there. I also have not heard of  any weird behavior with clubs.

Best I can recommend is this: when you get really peculiar behavior with an iron, right click on screen and submit a detailed bug report. Mention there what club you hit, what behavior you expected, if you used backspin, what kind of wind, and whether you dinged. Then, they will have better chance to understand the behavior.

-icon

• vinyl
    44 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 1:31 PM

The inconsistencies i see are in the green speed for us legend's, between long and short putt's....say u have a flat putt at 20ft, you know its very fast so you hit the putt 13ft, and it end's up going 25 to 27ft......on short putt's a 5ft putt you hit it 4ft/4.5ft thinking the speed will make it goin and it stops short of the hole.......it was not like this befor big update....

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 2:03 PM

I think you mean late august update? It actually makes sense due to nature of the greens.

For example: 4-5ft is pretty short, so hitting it 5 speed most of the time will get to the hole. But, for 20fter it is a different story. For example: if it's 20ft and 4 inches down, it doesn't mean it plays like 16ft. Based on that (tournament green) one may hit 12. Yes, sometimes it will go 25-27 but that.s not due to bug. It is due to how green is setup. The 4" downhill maybe near the hole, so when it gets to the hole, it will pickup speed, so hitting it 12 speed, will likely result in that 25-27ft result. On the other hand, if downhill in in first 8ft, it will play longer. It takes a lot of practice to read green grids and to know which hole plays fast and is not.

It is just one example of out many but I hope it helps to illustrate just 1 of the reasons where greens just do not play straight up.

-icon

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 2:13 PM

WGTicon:

I also have not heard of  any weird behavior with clubs.

-icon

lololololololol...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well I suppose you're right. Once you get used to the WGT way of playing golf, when the shot goes where you expect it, that's considered weird. However, in the normal world, a WGT shot always has a mind of its own and are often more weird than normal.

TMPC

• vinyl
    44 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 2:37 PM

icon, iv been playing this game for a long time and i know how to read the green's, no need to try and give me a putting lesson, i class my self a v good putter "well i did be fore i was a legend" i used to shoot -6 -7 -8 on a 9hole all day long, but not any more and that's not to do with the fact you have moved the tee's back so far for us its the dammn green's, something not right i just know it..

the good old days as Master-

05.11.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 29
    05.10.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 28
    05.10.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 31
    04.09.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 29
    04.09.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 30
    04.08.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 29
    04.07.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 30
    04.07.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 30
    04.07.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Master 28

the bad days as Legend-

10.31.10 st andrews links: the old course  Back 9 Legend 37
    10.31.10 st andrews links: the old course  Back 9 Legend 37
    10.30.10 st andrews links: the old course  Back 9 Legend 39
    10.30.10 st andrews links: the old course  Back 9 Legend 36
    10.30.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Legend 36
    10.30.10 st andrews links: the old course  Front 9 Legend 32
    10.30.10 kiawah island: the ocean course  Back 9 Legend 39

• 000A
    16 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:45 PM

some nice rounds is a old master till wgt changed everything up for the worse sorry wgt but it is the truth how does wgt expect legend to do good when there is 500 yd par 4s up hill when the longest driver gos 280 3wood 237 ???serieusly??? 3wood in to most of the holes come on now wgt!

RSS