rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:19 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:07 AM

YankeeJim:
    Take the meter out of the equation

I can't "take it out of the equation". I can handle the slower speed, but not the higher. Also, this can't be compared to the previous putter upgrades. There is a limit somewhere.

It's the same as if you said, if your car can accelerate from 100 mph to 150 mph, then it can surely accelerate from 150 mph to 200 mph as well. Nope, not necessarily; there is a line somewhere, although it may be in a different place for every player.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 1:55 AM

I have bought the Ghost putter and the R9 280 driver. I bought them because I have little else to do with my credits, were I to have invested new monies into WGT I wouldn't have bothered on the grounds of their ridiculous cost.

The new driver according to my eyesight appeared to have the same meter speed as the R9 Tri, at least that's what it looked like in the Pro Shop graphic. On playing with it, it most certainly does not have the same meter speed. 80% of my drives were hit early during my first round with it. Most definitely a slower meter and it has to be said a slightly more forgiving club than the Tri.

The Ghost putter has a much faster meter than the Rossa, something I am delighted with. Recent weeks has seen my putting deteriorate, too many putts hit early. The Ghost on first usage has proven to be an excellent putter once you are tuned in with the meter speed.

I would say both clubs are worth purchasing if you have a bank of credits or simply don't mind being ripped off. If you don't fall into either of those categories, I wouldn't bother. Neither club is going to significantly improve your game.

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:44 AM

I just wish they woud amke these clubs more avaliable to everbody and at a better price, as now i have been promoted to a legend i find this game virtual impossible to play as not reaching par 4 hoels in 2 shots is a joke even if i still have my raptures

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:19 AM

tiffer67:

I have bought the Ghost putter and the R9 280 driver. I bought them because I have little else to do with my credits, were I to have invested new monies into WGT I wouldn't have bothered on the grounds of their ridiculous cost.

The new driver according to my eyesight appeared to have the same meter speed as the R9 Tri, at least that's what it looked like in the Pro Shop graphic. On playing with it, it most certainly does not have the same meter speed. 80% of my drives were hit early during my first round with it. Most definitely a slower meter and it has to be said a slightly more forgiving club than the Tri.

The Ghost putter has a much faster meter than the Rossa, something I am delighted with. Recent weeks has seen my putting deteriorate, too many putts hit early. The Ghost on first usage has proven to be an excellent putter once you are tuned in with the meter speed.

I would say both clubs are worth purchasing if you have a bank of credits or simply don't mind being ripped off. If you don't fall into either of those categories, I wouldn't bother. Neither club is going to significantly improve your game.

Thank you Tiffer.

Thank you because these kind of objective posts are extremely useful to the lay person, that is me.

Thank you again

• PAGES
RSS