Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:29 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 9:24 PM
    Boomerboy44:

courteneyfish:
    Boomerboy44:

Then after the technicality's are taken care of you got to convince WGT to spend the BIG bucks to film it and get it online. Never ever going to happen. One course a year.....maybe.

Or maybe some silly par 3 course.

Pebble Beach coming soon.

Yep like I said one course a year.....maybe.

Chambers Bay and Valhalla to follow shortly.
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 7:09 PM

courteneyfish:
    Boomerboy44:

courteneyfish:
    Boomerboy44:

Then after the technicality's are taken care of you got to convince WGT to spend the BIG bucks to film it and get it online. Never ever going to happen. One course a year.....maybe.

Or maybe some silly par 3 course.

Pebble Beach coming soon.

Yep like I said one course a year.....maybe.

Chambers Bay and Valhalla to follow shortly.

How shortly?

• QuickRounds
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 9:24 PM

ApexPC:
    In a 2012 Forbes article about WGT it is implied that WGT makes back what it costs to photograph all 18 holes of a course in a relatively short time once the course is available online for play.

What get's me is that they make $55mill - $100 mill a year (unofficially) wgt did not disclose the correct amount. AND most of Pebble Beach and a couple other courses are mostly mapped out and "playable" already since they use those courses in CTTH tourneys...how hard can it be to just finish the rest of the holes? SERIOUSLY? 

Just my .2

Cheers and best regards,

QuickRounds

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:20 AM

Dunno about an extension of Valhalla, but I understood this as a firm confirmation by a mod (Shoe?):

"Bandon, Pebble, Chambers until the next USO"

(edit: quoting my impression, not any real words)

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 6:59 AM

If you all remember, MisterWGT posted pictures of them at  Pebble back in early May. Bandon Dunes had already been done.

Bandon Dunes WAS on the virtual tour, but was taken off. So they must have ran into some problems getting it up and going.

After reading that Forbes article, it's in their best interest to get a course up as soon as possible after filming, so no reason to hold anything back. 

Early after the first of the year for both i would guess, but one would be a nice Christmas present :-)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 8:24 AM

+1

At some time, when it became clear that the (British) Open rotation was a difficult terrain for WGT, the development seemed to target to a - new course - new pins - sequence. But, the latter seem a dead track for now as well as avatars - nothing new in both directions.

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 12:01 AM

QuickRounds:

What get's me is that they make $55mill - $100 mill a year (unofficially) wgt did not disclose the correct amount. AND most of Pebble Beach and a couple other courses are mostly mapped out and "playable" already since they use those courses in CTTH tourneys...how hard can it be to just finish the rest of the holes? SERIOUSLY? 

Just my .2

Cheers and best regards,

QuickRounds

Ya    why don't they just put them out for play? So the hounds can tear it all down for all the bugs and such that will arise without proper testing.

Good things come to those that wait...I've heard that somewhere before.

Rock

• QuickRounds
    15 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:29 AM

problem I have with that is that even with proper testing there still is bugs that end up left in the game. my biggest gripe with this game is the randomly appearing stuttering/jumpy meter that (for me atleast) tends to show up on the next shot after I have played a hole under par.

Seriously that is about the only complaint that I have with this game the damn jumpy meter. I have read where WGT states that it is not a programming glitch (or they say IT is NOT on our end)....well it seems to me that it IS either lag >.> OR a programming glitch.You can clean out all your caches and not go to any other site BUT wgt and still have that damn thing crop up from time to time. (usually most inconvienent times too!) :oP anyways just my .2 cents

If someone says a penny for your thoughts and you throw in your two cents, who gets the change?

Best Regards,

QuickRounds

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 10:07 AM

I'm kind of  disappointed that we can't play Vahalla for 18 holes....that's such a nice course and a great challenge----the 9 holes are fine but to play all of it would really be nice. 

• PAGES
RSS