Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Millionaire Miners!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 17 2010 6:57 PM (5 replies)
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 1:38 PM

Free at last.....what an ordeal...well done to all the rescuers..great engineering! book and film deals for all! 

still a few to get out...but im sure it will go smoothly.... guiness book of records too!(for the last man anyway)

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 1:55 PM

I dont really understand why world media is covering it so hard. There hasnt been a day without some kind of article about it on the first page. Its irritating. I seriously couldnt care less about that kind of drama.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 2:57 PM

indeed toothy....after all..they`re only blue collar miners filling rich mans pockets....lets leave them down there!

they deserve all they can get!

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:05 AM

I didnt mean it like that, of course should they be saved but publishing 3 articles per day in every european newspapers about something like this that happends on the other side of the world is way to much. It makes no sence to me why our media would publish personal information about every miner that was trapped down there. They turned it into a Big Brother instead of treating it as for what it is: a catastrophy.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 7:09 AM

true.....i wonder, had there been no media coverage, would the mine bosses have left them down there..heyho...at least they can get their teeth fixed now!

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 6:57 PM

Some misery guts about.

They got all the coverage because the world needed a good news story.

Economies are up the shoot, unemployment is high, wages are all but frozen on corporate induced fear of redundancies, wars in the middle east, terrorists, flooding,

etc. etc..

So, lets have some blanket coverage.

RSS