Help › Forums

Re: New Courses?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:53 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:30 AM

I tell ya ayeball. What WGT is doing is state of the art. Thousands of pictures of each course are required. They even use a helicopter with high speed cameras to get all the high elevation shots we get from different cams.

Then GPS finders are placed all over the course providing unheard of accuracy in elevation details. It's done even finer on the greens. I read once that the elevations on the greens are within an inch or so. Now all these images have to be lined up with that elevation detail.

This has never been done before. I can only imagine the time it takes to give us these high definition courses.  I too really want to see more. I want them to stay in business as long as possible. It has to be a real hairy balancing act.

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:54 PM
    I definitely want to see more courses, but I hope WGT doesn't let them get stale like Oakmont. They need to be implemented into tourneys right away. I'm glad to hear Oakmont will be available in RGs and club tourneys. It's a gem of a course not being used by anybody, and it's a shame.
  • gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 3:12 PM

apparently, Oakmont is only for players that play for cash. Pity.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:53 AM

Nice to see Oakmont in full rotation. Thank you WGT.

NOW GIMMIE MORE!

• PAGES
RSS