Help › Forums

Re: adobe flash player 10.1

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:06 PM (4 replies)
  • Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:15 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is still a problem playing on wgt with

the flash 10.1 update. I know a while back there were some posts to the effect that

there was a problem. I haven't seen anymore about and wanted to check before I put the 

update on.

J

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:28 PM

I don't think there were any specific issues with 10.1, just a learning curve - Newer graphics card handled it easier with updated drivers, those with older systems tried to revert back to older versions of flash.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:12 PM

Johnie-The problems you are remembering were caused by older video cards that needed an update. Chrome does this automatically- updates Flash-  so if you're using that you already have the update. This was also the big reason for some users to move to the Iron browser. It doesn't update and you were able to keep the older Flash version.

Are you looking to fix something specific with that update?

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:27 PM

YankeeJim:

Johnie-The problems you are remembering were caused by older video cards that needed an update. Chrome does this automatically- updates Flash-  so if you're using that you already have the update. This was also the big reason for some users to move to the Iron browser. It doesn't update and you were able to keep the older Flash version.

Are you looking to fix something specific with that update?

Hi YJ  If I could fix anything YJ it would be my meter. Adobe keeps telling me there is a flash update which is the 10.1  I use chrome exclusively for wgt play.

I think my biggest thing is I need more ram. I only have 512 mb's or gb's not sure which.

J

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:06 PM

Johniedino:
    I think my biggest thing is I need more ram. I only have 512 mb's or gb's not sure which.

Big ouch there, J. 512 mb's is killing you. RAM is cheap and increasing what you have is easy. That alone will cure 99% of your loading problems. Well worth it and it will make you very happy. 

RSS