Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Master!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:54 PM (3 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 10:13 PM

Just thought I would share this. This past evening I graduated to "Master". I shot two 64's on the Kiawah Island course. Now I should say that it was a Country Club tournament and the wind and greens were set to their lowest settings. But I think playing in the Hooter's Tour and marking for alot of people has helped me tremendously.

Also, I would like to thank anybody that has played against me and offered advice to help me become a better player. As I do try to take in all advice and use it to the best of my ability. So thank you all and lots of luck on the links.

Little side thought here. Not sure why I'm so excited to become "Master" because all that means is that I shoot further back and will eventually need to purchase new clubs. Oh well.......I love a challenge!! 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:48 AM

Congrats!....You now get to play much tougher courses....I noticed in MP that masters hit 10-40 yards behind me at BP and KI....I'd definitely be looking to upgrade my Driver to a 275 one and a 3wood in the 230+ range as well.

I think I could play SA with my current clubs at Master Tees and be around par, but BP would be killer for me....so many of my shots there are driver 3/45 iron or driver wood into the greens, I think I'd be comingup short on a many par 4's from further back.

Good luck with it!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:52 AM

Thanks! Yeah I just played 2 ranked rounds at BPB on the back 9 (practicing for the next round of the hooters tour), and I shot a 36 my first round and a 35 my second. I think I'm going to have a tough time makeing birdies on par 5's there. Oh well. Looks like I'm going to have to save for the Taylor Made R9 Burner Set. But again this new putter is noticeably alot better than the Anser putter. I do like a good challenge!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:54 PM

hey...let's play a match!.....will give you an idea of what you're up against..no credits....just matchg play?

I'll look to see if you're online and set it up

RSS