Forums

Help › Forums

Maintaining and develping Community and respect for players

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:37 AM (0 replies)
  • Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:37 AM

It is now a month since the new levels system and, despite all the criticism, WGT seem to have made no official response or given more detail than the initial announcements of the new system. The availability of equipment only by Levels and not by Tiers as well needs to be explained.  A new ball only for legends seems inconsistent with why they have made the changes although I have no gripe with the legends being given a better ball except that it is inconsistent.

Communities, whether in normal life or virtual reality thrive on qualities that are not easily defined.  But one of the key ingredients would seem to be that every member of the community feels valuable and respected.  If you e mail Wgt a concern they tell you that your opinion is important to them but their reality seems far from it.  They dont address it!  Enough criticism has been aired and whether it represents the majority or a more vocal minority, it would seem that Wgt should respond and give us a detailed description of why they made the changes given that it seems to have failed in its main objective, namley to be fairer. 

Their failure to do this makes me feel like a pawn in a corporate game where the agenda is hidden most of the time and designed to manipulate clients customers rather than value them.

Similarly, their recent stopping of STA's ready gos and not paying out shows a similar disrespect to members of the community.  At the moment I do not need the credits to continue to play but some people probably do, at least to buy balls.  If you don't get paid credits on time that  you have earned then you either stop playing ready go and other paid tournaments or buy more credits, which, without any explanation to the contrary, would seem to be designed to make people buy more credits.

Paying out when a tourn is over would seem to be a natural right of the players and the community.  Again lack of respect for members.  And I dont believe that any over rider that WGT might have that says they can do what they like, in fact it probably adds to the undermining of community.  Yes we understand that they need to have that legally but to rely on it too regularly would seem to be inappropriate to say the least.  WGT seemed to have relied too much on that of late.

RSS