Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Getting off Topic in forum threads

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 1 2010 10:31 PM (3 replies)
  • Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:23 PM

I have been involved in only a couple of discussions (both to do with quitting) on WGT but in each case people have started getting off topic and then getting into a slanging match about the various off-topic points that had been raised. 

I started this thread to see if there are any sensible suggestions about what could be done about getting off topic in threads.

Is it possible for a post to simply be moved into another topic eg "General Rubbish" and thereby leaving the original thread with posts that are only a discussion of the topic that started it. 

For example, I created a post about quitting and I put a fair bit of time into writing it. Some other people started a flame war in the thread and the thread got locked. Another person started another post on quitting. Now I am faced with having to repeat the post I created before so that newcomers to that thread can see my contribution to the subject. However before I've gotten around to posting someone has started another flame war and I suspect that thread will get locked as well.

Wouldn't it be just a simple matter of moving those alien posts out of the thread and perhaps letting those people carry on their battle somewhere else?

Gregg

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:12 PM

What do you reckon on Manchester United's chances of doing the double this season?

• Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:02 PM

piztaker:

What do you reckon on Manchester United's chances of doing the double this season?

ROFLMFAO

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 10:31 PM

piztaker:

LOL, well played sir, well played.

RSS