Re: Build your own balls?? WOW

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:18 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 10:29 AM

Rufustoad:
    This is the second computer and brand new at that. I think you are probably correct that it takes some effort to get the correct mix but I use Chrome which is suppose to be WGT preferred and who has time for all that?

There might be your problem. New PC's are loaded with unneeded programs that can cause meter problems. And what video card are you using. Is it integrated or is it an add on? Most integrated cards use your PC's memory and that reduces the about of ram available for other programs. A decent add on card that has its own memory could help very much. Also Chrome used to be great for this game but Comodo Dragon or  a 64 bit browser like Pale Moon 64 is much better for the game now.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 2:32 PM

duffer19:

CanineSupervisor:
    Callaway HEX Chrome+ Balls (L35+)

those yellow b4 h gets here :)

LOL

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 2:43 PM

borntobesting:
    Also Chrome used to be great for this game but Comodo Dragon or  a 64 bit browser like Pale Moon 64 is much better for the game now.

I decided to give Pale Moon a try seeing as It has a 64 bit browser, but was very disappointed with It.  The browser Itself is ok but there is no option to magnify (zoom) like there is on Maxthon and chrome and the full screen option is not there on the WGT game bowser but you can press the Pale Moons full screen on the WGT site, It seems to disappear when you press play now and there is no options available.  I found the meter shaky too.  For me personally no browser comes close to the game play i get from maxthon 3 and the full screen is best browser I've played for the game itself. We've all got our own preferances, I know YJ loves Camodo Dragon (like a few others) so Its what ever broswer suits you r game best.  Maybe Maxthon doesn't work well for you but It does for me,  Yes Its good to try many browsers as you said until you hit the right one for your Pc AND EYES.  Will be getting beta version of new Maxthon soon, see how that compares

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 6:10 PM

I'm still kinda searching for a 4 - 4.5 meter , 3.5 spin , 2.5 or 2.5+ distance ball.

Neon yellow and/or vapor would be a plus to consider.

edit:

or a search function would be nice, but I guess browsing has its advantage, perhaps.

• Rufustoad
    258 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 7:29 PM

WHOOOOO That will cost a bunch of credits:) I am not sure that one is available and it looks like WGT doesn't like my idea very well......or they just can't figure out how to make it work.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 11:48 AM

As alluded to before, anything "custom" will cost more than you probably want to spend.  Plus it's not like all balls are uniform in a utility-to-price ratio.  Just find the ball that fits your needs and your pocketbook most closely.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Aug 17 2014 10:51 PM

JFidanza:

I'm still kinda searching for a 4 - 4.5 meter , 3.5 spin , 2.5 or 2.5+ distance ball.

A)  Lately I've been wanting to try a 4 spin and 4 meter ball...

B)  How about the magic 3.5 spin rating (as with the Call. 33s) and a 4 meter?

(and extra distance, Neon yellow and/or vapor a plus)

But I haven't found one yet.

---------

A) 4 spin and 4 meter ball.

B) 3.5 spin and 4 meter ball.

Those must be 'the magic numbers..'

----------

I guess a close ball to B is the:

NIKE RZN Red (L40+)   3.5 spin  5 dis  3.5 meter

Darn, now I have to play better...grrr

• twintig
    409 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:18 AM

Rufustoad:

Let people design their own balls. I would like a 1.5 to 2.0 meter speed and a 2.5 spin with 4.0 distance. Then you could price the ball according to the design..

distance 1-2, spin 3 (no more no less), meterspeed 3,5, maybe 4 and please, I hate to buy balls too often, so durability 2,5 wiil be best...

• PAGES
RSS