Forums

Help › Forums

Re: update tonight....

Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:28 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaLammer
    29 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:28 AM

Great UPGRADE!!!  Pro Shop does not work - need to fix that!!!

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:00 AM
    Just played the new ball on St Andrews, distance improvement is kind of difficult to notice. It is definately not a 1 or 2 club wonder ball! My perception while using the ball (all measurements with the R9 driver) was this is maybe 3 - 4 yards gain into the wind 4 - 7 yards gain wind neutral and perhaps 6-10 yards gain with a helping wind. Distance gain with long irons very low, a yard or 2 with 3 and 4 iron, and shorter irons distance gain maybe a yard, I found PW through the wedges no distance gain was evident at all but i was playing SA with moderate winds. The wind against is the most crucial, as this is where high winds can make fairways unreachable, I dont think this new ball is enough to change this. I also noticed over the last week or so that St Andrews Tourny greens had slowed a lot, to just quicker than the old very fast rating. Well that has gone with this upgrade! Back to slippery glass I am afraid, hit 10 to go 15... Cheers Monty
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:14 AM

I have played a couple of 9s with the new ball. I cannot say I have noticed too much of a difference from the GI-SD other than the ridiculous price. I bought 9 of them, I wont be buying anymore. The price is a near 30% more than what we are paying for GI-SDs, a rip off.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:20 AM

I won't be buying the new ball. It is overpriced and has only one dot of durability. You will be lucky to get 18 holes out of it.

Typical WGT. They can take nice photos, but they have no idea how to run a site.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:21 AM

LOOL  Meet wonder ball the 145 cent dynamo that goes 5 yards more,:)

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:42 AM

I played some holes with new balls, the necessary time to understand that nothing has changed but my portofolio .... 30% over to have 5 yards more ??? 

But now the green is closer ... LOL

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:51 AM

Every dot of distance adds 1% to the total distance of each club. 3 dots=3%

275 x 0.03=8.25.... You have a 283.25 driver.

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:42 AM

Good to know Angel, so you are saying the new legend ball is 2.75 yards longer than the standard GI SD in neutral conditions? Not exactly what most had hoped for as a response from WGT...

My experience with it gave those kind of results with the long irons, but it is so difficult to compare when not able to hit control shots with the GI SD as well.

It certainly does not keep up with the expectations built by WGT that the new Legend ball would lessen the difficulty and enable us to reach fairways / set up more birdie opportunities. Dont get me wrong, I have actually quite enjoyed the challenge of the longer courses, but I dislike the heavy advantage available to TM's and I dont think this ball is enough to level the playing field, although right now with 207 into an 18mph wind to the pin on St Andrews 4th hole I guess every yard counts...

• PAGES
RSS