Forums

Help › Forums

Re: When to buy new clubs and in what order

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:57 PM (8 replies)
  • SHADOW815
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:14 AM

I am new here and only at level 17. I have unlocked new clubs but they don't appear to be much better than the starter clubs I have, at what point do the clubs start to make a difference and should I look at replacing the driver or the putter first.

Thanks for any advice

Steve

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:24 AM

I'd start with a decent wedge as they are pretty cheap, then a driver and then a putter. Try a few surveys to add up your credits until you get to the decent clubs.

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 3:18 PM

SHADOW815:

I am new here and only at level 17. I have unlocked new clubs but they don't appear to be much better than the starter clubs I have, at what point do the clubs start to make a difference and should I look at replacing the driver or the putter first.

u should buy two wedges if u want to keep ur hybird teh edges should be the distance of 50 and 85.if u are the pro or tour pro tier then get to level 447 then buy the rapture with 255 distance then at level 48 get the 200-110 rapture irons

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:47 AM

Shadow, you should play with the starter clubs as long as you can without upgrading. There's no sense in repetitiously buying clubs that only become obsolete as you tier-up. The starter clubs will take you through the pro tour tier. Your using the best ball already too.

Continue playing while completing surveys and save your credits for when you're unable to score well with your starter clubs, which is right around the Master tier. This way you won't be using a whole lot of your own money when it comes time to upgrade your equipment.

Keep practicing with your starter clubs and you'll score well enough to advance tiers.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:51 AM

Any advice to Shadow is falling on deaf ears since his original post is from September 22nd and he hasn't done anything on the WGT site since October 2nd.

• SHADOW815
    6 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:05 AM

andyson:

Any advice to Shadow is falling on deaf ears since his original post is from September 22nd and he hasn't done anything on the WGT site since October 2nd.

Sorry andyson, you don't know of what you speak....I read this advice column, mater of fact I save the helpful ones.

I very much appreciate Richard4168's advice and have saved it, not so much yours tho.

I am extremely busy with my business the fourth quarter of every year (happy Holidays) and hardly have the time to sleep needless to say play computer games. But thanks for following my activity on this game it's nice to know I have a gallery.

Steve

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 1:13 PM

I like Richards advice here..I would suggest tho adding a driver. Helps you get alittle closer to those greens..then a good putter, maybe a nice wedge. Richards right, you can make it to master with the stock clubs. We have all seen it done many times.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:38 PM

SHADOW815:
    Sorry andyson, you don't know of what you speak....I read this advice column, mater of fact I save the helpful ones.

My apologies then to you sir, appearances can be deceiving.  No offense intended and I hope business is booming for you in the 4Q!

(unless you make explosives or something.....)

• SHADOW815
    6 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:57 PM

LOL...no explosives...to hard to ship....LOL

Thanks for the response and apology....No problem....see you on the links when things slow down a bit.

Steve

RSS