Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Please explain

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:27 PM (7 replies)
  • shane279
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:31 PM

I was playing #10 at Kiawah Island and after a good drive, I had 133 yds to the pin. The wind is blowing 10mph from the left and the ball is in the middle of the fairway. With a 6 iron (130yds WGT Beginners club) I hit the ball sweet according to the swing meter ( it chimes)..the ball travels 118 yds left and goes into the bunker...cam anyone explain why this would happen?

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:32 AM

It could be because the starter clubs just are not very accurate and you have to live with perfect shots going off line.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:43 AM

#1 Starter clubs have low precision.

#2 A starter 6-iron will carry perhaps 90% of its distance and roll another 10%, so when it came up short and in the bunker, it just simply stopped instead of rolling.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:22 AM

CharlemagneRH:

#2 A starter 6-iron will carry perhaps 90% of its distance and roll another 10%, so when it came up short and in the bunker, it just simply stopped instead of rolling.

Exactly they have zip loft and need to be rolled up to the hole, which will not work with bunkers in the way LOL. I thought though he meant why did the shot go left when he dinged it and the wind was going from left to right.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:01 PM

Shane, you simply didn't put enough carry on the ball.

You would've needed to hit with 100% of power to give the ball a chance to even reach the green. The proper shot would've been to use a 5 iron, and choke down on the club. This would've provided plenty of carry.

• shane279
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:09 PM

Thanks everyone...reckon its time to upgrade my clubs

• HackAPlenty
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:27 AM

Yes, I can explain it...

This is the most idiotic game ever, the swing meter is not designed to have the delay the internet gives... Even if I do hit it perfect... adjusting for all environmental (wind speed and angle) Club distance, and slope of green, there is not a predictable result.

THIS GAME IS A COMPLETE FRUSTRATION FACTORY - EVEN REAL GOLF WITH AN AMATEUR SWING IS LESS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site SUCKS eggs!

• AptPupil
    9 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:27 PM

Now, this is a guy that is not afraid to demonstrate his opinion.

RSS