Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game freezing up !!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 19 2016 5:18 PM (7 replies)
  • beaver62
    28 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 6:50 AM

why is the game game freezing up so much ???????

• putter3
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:11 AM

i am having the same problem it is pissin me off

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 10:51 AM

Please give us more infomation about this.  When does it freeze?  Have you tried using a different computer or browsers?  Have you right clicked and submitted the error to us from the game?  What computer and browser are you using?  Have you upgraded to Flash 10?

thanks, just trying to locate the nature of your problem.

• beaver62
    28 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 4:33 PM

sorry, i would like to say yes to all of the above, but dont know nothing about computers, but it has been freezing up on the 12 th hole alot, thats all i know, thanks

• Lance999
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 3:56 AM

I'm using IE and the courses aren't loading.  When they do, it's not very smooth at all, and there's often a long delay from the click for the shot, and the golfer actually playing the shot.  Also, the shot bar often doesnt move for a while when choosing power, meaning that you get a wild slice owing to the erratic nature of the control bar.  Very frustrating.

As it stands now though, the courses won't load, so I suppose I'm being spared even higher scores.  This game could be so good but until it's sorted, it will turn people off.

• GregRycerz
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 5:24 AM

Computer/Golf Geek to the rescue!!!  :^)  Ok, here are my tips to improve WGT performance on your computer. 

1.  Try not to run any other programs while playing WGT through IE or Firefox.  This includes running multiple browsing tabs.

2. Download the latest version of IE (www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx) or Firefox (www.mozilla.com/firefox/)

3. Download The latest version of Flash (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/)

4. If you leave your computer running all the time like I do, try restarting your computer prior to play.

5. Try power cycling your broadband modem.  Do this by unplugging the modem, wait 60 seconds and then plug it back in.

6. Run a virus scan.  Sometimes viruses and spyware run in the background and kill your internet speed. For a free, good virus scanner go to http://free.avg.com/

If these don't help then I'm sorry to say that it may be time to buy a new, more powerful computer. I hope these tips help.  Good luck all!

• CoolioEglesias
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 2:29 PM

Let me be the first to mention my comp specs as I have 2 comps in house. One is 512mb ram and one is 3.0 gb ram. The 512mb has the freeze problems. The 3.0 gb doesnt. Same game, same modem, same router.  The 512mb is hard wired to router. The 3.0 gb is wireless.  Difference  , 100mbps vs 54mbps.  That doesnt matter. Both are fast enough. It,s the working memory ram that matters. upgrade your ram or computer. Great game.

• jhedric
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 5:18 PM

it freezes up on putts.

RSS