Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Glitchy shot meter

Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:18 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:16 PM

I've already tried that. It may improve the meter slightly now and then, but it still stutters and warps.I simply find it amazing that a - let's be honest here - very simple game like this can overpower top-shelf computers. It simply isn't a user-end problem, and it would be nice if WGT stopped saying things in that direction. Yes, running absolutely nothing, setting affinity, restarting the computer (etc) will make it somewhat better, but it will not solve the problem. Not for me (and heaps of others) at least.

Thankfully the worst stutter today didn't happen on a crucial driver shot. I missed a birdie, but it's better than yesterday when I had Close Encounter of the Treed kind 2 times, wasting maybe 5 shots trying to get back onto the fairway and into a decent layup. Had to sink a 15+ foot one-putter to save double bogey.

Stuff like that is very frustrating, and I can certainly understand why people would be driven off the site because of it.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:13 PM

Pangaea:

I've already tried that. It may improve the meter slightly now and then, but it still stutters and warps.I simply find it amazing that a - let's be honest here - very simple game like this can overpower top-shelf computers. It simply isn't a user-end problem, and it would be nice if WGT stopped saying things in that direction. Yes, running absolutely nothing, setting affinity, restarting the computer (etc) will make it somewhat better, but it will not solve the problem. Not for me (and heaps of others) at least.

Thankfully the worst stutter today didn't happen on a crucial driver shot. I missed a birdie, but it's better than yesterday when I had Close Encounter of the Treed kind 2 times, wasting maybe 5 shots trying to get back onto the fairway and into a decent layup. Had to sink a 15+ foot one-putter to save double bogey.

Stuff like that is very frustrating, and I can certainly understand why people would be driven off the site because of it.

Don't know if any one suggested it to you but make sure your video drivers are up to date. As your video card is one of the most important factors in a smooth meter. The faster the frame rate the smoother your meter will be. 

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:18 PM

Everything is up to date. I've been betatesting actual games before, so usually have everything up to date most of the time. Unfortunately I don't think anything I do will have an impact, as the solution can't be found on my end.

When so many users who blow away the min specs are having problems, it's extremely unlikely to assume there is a client-side problem. I hope this line is just something WGT feeds us while they try to work on the real problem. If they actually believe it the meter will never work properly.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 1:31 AM

Pangaea:
    When so many users who blow away the min specs are having problems, it's extremely unlikely to assume there is a client-side problem. I hope this line is just something WGT feeds us while they try to work on the real problem. If they actually believe it the meter will never work properly.

Absolutely no argument from me. The problem is too widespread for it to be client-side only.

I may be happier that I have been given a workaround for the problem but it doesn't solve the problem.

If it continues to go un-addressed it could kill this game.

All of those players who have no issues what so ever with the meter should be worried about this as well. You're going to be awfully lonely when everybody else simply stops playing.

• Poulakidas
    31 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:18 AM

Hi guys first post for me

The meter sucks more the less money you give to this game.

I also get 1 in 10 ridiculus unexpected shots even if the meter, power, etc are precise, using the starter set and nothing else so far.

It is a cool addicting game though it can really piss a man sometimes, which I also enjoy cos I am a masochist.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 11:15 AM

I used to play in fullscreen mode, but have changed to max window now. Not sure if it makes a difference, but worth a shot I guess. Now I notice that the status bar constantly says "transmitting data" to WGT.

It's simply poor programming. The game should not be transmitting data while we are taking shots, and if it absolutely needs to, they need to make sure it doesn't influence the GUI itself. It clearly does, and it's a MAJOR problem.

• PAGES
RSS