Forums

Help › Forums

Re: #2 at St. Andrews Right Pin Location.....

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 31 2010 4:31 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 8:11 PM

I finely figured out how to birdie STA#2...I hit the flagstick and it bounced 4 ft. away and I made the uphill putt for my first ever birdie on #2.  lol

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:51 AM

nice work check my replays i hit eagle lol serious all u need to do is follow the flag line and just drop over the mound about 2,3 yards short and is straight putt if it dont fall happy hitting :)

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 5:32 PM

oneputtdavid:

[quote="OwenCrew"].....My current strategy is that I try to land the ball past the pin and a little to the left (on the up-slope) with full backspin. The ball sticks pretty good there and will often filter back.

Absolute correct strategy for the approach shot. But don't leave it short into "death valley". Putting uphill, keeping it left side of the hole, is a real challenge. Not enough power to reach the top.....whamo ball trickles back down to putt again. Happen to anyone else?   

From death valley (short of pin) but on green, one just has to be willing to aim way left (6-10 grid-lines) and whack it good (55 - 60) ft of putter-power.  If short and off the green then then a flop is the obvious choice.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 7:51 PM

I checked your shot out........GREAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 9:00 PM

aussieguyadam:

nice work check my replays i hit eagle lol serious all u need to do is follow the flag line and just drop over the mound about 2,3 yards short and is straight putt if it dont fall happy hitting :)

Good shot in the replay. I have eagled it twice, But only saved one in my replays

He said right pin location. I assume he means the longer one because the one on the front is more to the left. The front location I would much rather be past the hole to have an uphill putt.I'm still getting used to and learning how to play the back or right pin position

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 4:31 AM

borntobesting:

aussieguyadam:

Good shot in the replay. I have eagled it twice, But only saved one in my replays

He said right pin location. I assume he means the longer one because the one on the front is more to the left. The front location I would much rather be past the hole to have an uphill putt.I'm still getting used to and learning how to play the back or right pin position

that pin aint to bad if u judged the wind full spin at the pin land inside 2yrds for a short putt or directly below the hole is great place to putt just up to the left break is not 2 bad either

• PAGES
RSS