Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any new legends?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:51 PM (7 replies)
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:23 AM

Quite a simple one really; if anyone out there has had the pleasure of becoming a legend since the new tiers were put in place, can you post here to say at what average you were when you hit that mark.

I know there are other factors involved but I'd be interested to know the approximate average. My thinking is that this thread won't have many replies in the near future :-)

I have no major complaints with the changes other than the unrealistic point that as soon as you become a legend, the majority of averages increase to a level above a tour master; a supposed weaker standard of player.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:41 AM

my avg. was 62ish i think.., never shot better than a 66 for 18 holes, o i have had a couple of 28's and i think one 27 for 9 holes, but to think i am of legend status REALLY??

I have over 800 ranked rounds to my credit, only been on this site for less than a year.

used to like to come here in a pretend world and score like a pro. but that seems to be a thing of the past. they just had the britsh open on TV at St. Andrews and don't recall seeing one of them have approch shots i've had in the last few days..

Hummmmmm, I am legend watch me HACK up your courses, and yes i do repair my own divots.. LMFAO

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:43 AM

jimbean346:
    I have no major complaints with the changes other than the unrealistic point that as soon as you become a legend, the majority of averages increase to a level above a tour master; a supposed weaker standard of player.

The main factor in making legends wasn't even the average but the amount of rounds played.  A lot the of the tour master are as good as the legends but they haven't played enough rounds as yet.  The reason why the averages are different is that the tour masters (most of whom are as good as most of the legends) are hitting from a much closer tee than the legends with the same equipment.  So your one major complain should be that you need a Legend driver.  I really don't care about the tournament greens, I can adjust to that sooner or later but there is no way to make up the difference in yardage that legends lose hitting from the championship tee.  My average went from a 60-62 to a 65-67 which is mostly because I don't get to use my wedges like before.

• redraven0013
    14 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:57 AM

totaly agree with u W.BILL81. since bcomming a legend life sucks. not a snowball chance in hell of maybe shooting 59, wich used 2 b a goal of mine!  now hope to shoot a 69 lmfao!!! they did a bang up job on us so called LEGENDS. ty W.G.T, used 2 play 8, 9, rounds aday now dont really care if i play 1 or 2 aday. 4 what it is worth we need a drver that gets u 320   to 350 of the tee on a regular consistancy if u want to push us that far back on tee box give us the proper equip.  sure the green speed is tough  but not much fun when u cant get somewhat close.CHEERS TO ALL THE LEGENDS!!!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:05 PM

I just had my best round since becoming a Legend. I shot a 65 in the 18 hole unlimited play round Kiawah. The 65 did include a holed wedge shot for eagle on 2 and a holed flop shot on 9 for birdie. Those 2 breaks and 23 putts ensured a respectable round, lol. Having to hit 3 wood into 18 after dinging a drive off the tee highlights the difficulties we face now.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:26 PM

The main factor in making legends wasn't even the average but the amount of rounds played.  A lot the of the tour master are as good as the legends but they haven't played enough rounds as yet.  The reason why the averages are different is that the tour masters (most of whom are as good as most of the legends) are hitting from a much closer tee than the legends with the same equipment.  So your one major complain should be that you need a Legend driver.  I really don't care about the tournament greens, I can adjust to that sooner or later but there is no way to make up the difference in yardage that legends lose hitting from the championship tee.  My average went from a 60-62 to a 65-67 which is mostly because I don't get to use my wedges like before.

Absolutely ! The criteria changed from scores to something other than scores. Makes
    it virtually impossible to play against a better scoring player when they play from forward tees. I like the challenge of the new tees but if a better scoring player wishes
    to play a Legend then they should play from the same tees. They have access to
    the same equipment.
    I used to love Match play before the change, but now, to makes things equal, I always
    search to play a Legend .  That really narrows the universe of players I have access to.
    Whoever decided that something other than score average decided the ranking
    really messed up.  They (WGT) need someone on staff who understands how
    golf is played.  It's the score that counts.   
    However, I do like the fact the score averages (for Legends) are now closer to
    reality. I do agree that some club distances (for Legends) need to be changed-
    and not just drivers.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:39 PM

jimbean346:

Quite a simple one really; if anyone out there has had the pleasure of becoming a legend since the new tiers were put in place, can you post here to say at what average you were when you hit that mark.

I know there are other factors involved but I'd be interested to know the approximate average. My thinking is that this thread won't have many replies in the near future :-)

Honestly! I don't think you will find any of the (post update) Tour Masters that have been moved to Legend yet. I see many that are now on 62ish ave.

Look at the leader boards and a great majority of them are now dominated by Tour Masters.

Not a good look when visitors (potential members) come to WGT and see Tour Masters averages @ low 60's and the top players(lol) Legends averaging 65 or worse.

Unfortunately it does appear (Albeit with good intentions?) WGT has made a major boo boo which must be rectified ASAP!

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:51 PM

WYLBILL81:

used to like to come here in a pretend world and score like a pro. but that seems to be a thing of the past. they just had the britsh open on TV at St. Andrews and don't recall seeing one of them have approch shots i've had in the last few days..

There's one plain and simple reason why we're not seeing the same approach shots as in the open, unless you get a kind bounce, is because on average the driver we're using does not hit as far as the real life pro's can hit the ball. Also the real life pro's are able to hit irons a lot further than the ones we've got. If you get lucky with a nice forward bounce, it's great, but if you get unlucky the tee shot can pretty much stop dead on the fairway.

RSS