Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:48 AM

andyson:

Thank you Lily for the Thomas Jefferson piece!

Washington's life mask from The Morgan Library

If you push the red X, the mask zoom & rotation functions are pretty fun

Thanks again to Sir Andy

updated 2015

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2015 5:14 AM

DaddysKat:

24 February ...

Okay, I'm back on track ... sorry for all those belated's.

Today, we celebrate PGA Pro Zach Johnson's birthday ... he's 38 today.

For singers, "I drink alone" George Thorogood is 64 ... and Sammy Kershaw is 56.

Apple computer company's Steven Jobs (1955 - 2011) 

One of my favorite comedians, Mitch Hedberg (1968 - 2005).

And for the actors/actresses ...

• Kristin Davis - 49
    • Abe Vigoda - 93
    • Billy Zane - 48
    • Edward James Olmos - 67
    • Barry Bostwick - 69
    • James Farentino (1938 - 2012)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 4:21 AM

SweetiePie:

February 26

1802 - Victor Hugo, France...the great writer, best known for "Les Miserables" and "Notre-Dame de Paris" aka "The Hunchback of Notre-Dame" also many notable quotes...and on February 17, 1836 he received some rather "hot" words from French actress, Juliette Drouet --- "There are days when one can fix one's eyes upon the sun itself without being blinded: thus it is with me now. I see you, I am dazzled, entranced, and I grasp your beauty in all its splendour."

1808 - Honore Daumier, Marseille, France...Painter, printmaker, sculpter noted for commentary of political and social life in 19th century France.

1829 - Levi Strauss...still the best jeans for ~SP~

1846 - William "Buffalo Bill" Cody...the real one. Not the one Clarice Starling was after.

1852 - John Harvey Kellogg...corn flakes

1866 - Herbert Henry Dow...lover of chemicals

1907 - Dub Taylor...ratted out Clyed & Bonnie in the movie...gotta love "Dub"

...oh. and in 1815, Napoleon Bonaparte escaped from exile on the island of Elba...he once wrote in 1807 to Madam Marie Walewska. "I have seen only you, I admired only you, I desire only you"...ooh! smooth operater! I wonder if that swung the "Hokey Pokey"

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:36 AM

March 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to WGT Super player Mr. jsweetcr who, just yesterday, was 40 and holdin' on to 39 for dear life

1445 - Sandro Botticelli, Florintine Renassance Painter

1494 - Il Bacchiacca, Italian Painter

1610 - John Pell, English Math guy who produced  ax2+1=y2

1630 - Ferdinand de Jongere, Flemish Painter

1810 - Fredric Chopin 

1842 - Nicholaus Gysis, Greek Painter

1848 - Augustus Saint-Gaudens, My Fav, for personal reasons...designed the 1907 $20 gold piece, along with the one produced by the US Mint in 1920 and the 2009 copy. I love gold!

1863 - Alexander Golovin, Aurtria/Hungary Painter

1886 - Oskar Kokoschka, Painter

1904 - Glenn Miller

1910 - David Niven

1917 - Dinah Shore

1969 - Javier Bardem, Simply awesome

1994 - Justin Bieber ~ all done, dust.....he will be broke by age 30

By the Bye ~

1692 ~ WITCHCRAFT!! yep, Sarah Goode, Sarah Osborne & Tituba are arrested in Salem, Mass

1953 ~ Joseph Stalin suffers a rather naughty stroke, falls on his A$$ and then, by golly, goes to the all healing grave 4 days later....not a dry eye could be found ;-}

1965 ~ Mickey Mantle retires

*updated 2015

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:09 PM

3 March ...

In 1956, the most wonderful man to ever walk the face of this earth was born ... at least in my eyes.

Nearly 2 years ago, this guy introduced me to this game.  I used the username "Daddys Kat" just to let him know I joined ... he's my first friend on my long list of friends.

Happy Birthday uncle Rich!  While you choose to be my favorite uncle (which you are, bar none) In my eyes, you'll always be my "Daddy".

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:52 AM

SweetiePie:
    1969 - Javier Bardem, Simply awesome

He's a dead ringer for the guy in Grey's Anatomy.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:08 AM

DaddysKat:

3 March ...

In 1956, the most wonderful man to ever walk the face of this earth was born ... at least in my eyes.

Nearly 2 years ago, this guy introduced me to this game.  I used the username "Daddys Kat" just to let him know I joined ... he's my first friend on my long list of friends.

Happy Birthday uncle Rich!  While you choose to be my favorite uncle (which you are, bar none) In my eyes, you'll always be my "Daddy".

Well, well -- Sister Kat ! Where ya been? Tell Unc-Rich HB for me

March 5

1133 - Henry II ~ House of Plantagenet ~ 1st Imperial King of England

When Henry Plantagenet, of the House of Anjou, was crowned King of England at the age of twenty-one, he already possessed vast holdings in France through inheritance and marriage. Those resourses, and the force of his character, made him the strongest English monarch in generations---until his sons began to maneuver against him. 

1324 - David II Bruce ~ King of Scots

1723 - Princess Mary of Great Britain

1824 - James Merritt Ives ~ lithographer of Currier & Ives

1908 - Sir Rex Harrison ~ Huyton, England - Actor

1958 - Andy Gibb ~ Manchester, England

~ By the Bye ~  

363 ~ Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sassanid Empire --- he is killed

1558 ~ SMOKING TOBACCO !! is introduced in Europe by Francisco Fernandes --- it is well receceived...a big hit actually

1770 ~ BOSTON MASSACRE !! yep, 5 are killed by British soldiers for throwing snowballs, sticks and rocks....it will start a very big fight -- shortly

1821 ~ POTUS James Monroe is sworn in

1836 ~ Samuel Colt intros 1st pistol -- a dandy 34 cal "Texas" model -- now residing in Claremore, Oklahoma maintained and kept safe by our own "Claremoreblue" -- he always keeps it "loaded and ready to go"   ;-}

1849 ~ POTUS Zachary Taylor is sworn in

1877 ~ POTUS Rutherford Hayes is sworn in --- sadly his dumb lookin' beard is makin' a comeback -- 0h brother!

1969 ~ GOLD !!! yep, reaches $47 per ounce -- BUY!! - BUY!! - BUY!!

~ see ya soon ~

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 4:57 PM

SweetiePie:
    1965 ~ Mickey Mantle retires

Missed it by 4 years/)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 4:58 PM

DaddysKat:

Lat to the party Kat, give your Uncle my belated wishes!

Oh...and March 1, my oldest was born:)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 11:28 PM

David Gilmour, 69 today, March 6th,

RSS