Help › Forums

Re: i15 Master Iron Set (Steel) VS G10 Master

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:59 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:09 PM

I did not try the i15 (yet) but I am very curious to see the difference from the G10 I own.

I too went from te raptures' slow meter and approximate precision to, firstly TM Tour preferred, before switching to G10's higher trajectory. I did struglle at first with the faster meter and thought to go back to my raptures, but in time I got the hang of them and now I see the difference these clubs make to my game in order of precision and distance versatility.

In essence, they are faster clubs, but with the help of a GI2 or GI3 ball they can be manageabe and will give a beeter chance at scoring well.

Good luck with your choice.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:05 PM

Sanco:

I did not try the i15 (yet) but I am very curious to see the difference from the G10 I own.

I too went from te raptures' slow meter and approximate precision to, firstly TM Tour preferred, before switching to G10's higher trajectory. I did struglle at first with the faster meter and thought to go back to my raptures, but in time I got the hang of them and now I see the difference these clubs make to my game in order of precision and distance versatility.

In essence, they are faster clubs, but with the help of a GI2 or GI3 ball they can be manageabe and will give a beeter chance at scoring well.

Good luck with your choice.

The main differences between the I-15's and the G-10's are 1/2 dot more precision and 5 yards more distance for the 3 and 4 iron and a slightly faster swing meter for the I-15's and some claim the trajectory of the I-15's is even higher than the G-10's.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:31 PM

Born hit it right on the sweet spot.

I also found that when using full backspin the G-10's for me can really come up short when the ball is miss-hit. The more I miss the mark the more the deviation.

The I-15's are not as critical because of the  extra 1/2 ball of precision.

So ask yourself, can you handle the faster swing speed? I could not.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:34 PM

Probably the only reason that I'm using my I-15's over my G10's is because the extra distance is nice.  If I were hitting from the master tees, I'd probably use the G10's.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 11:05 PM

Thank you for that Born. I did think those were the major differences, but something told me that there must have been more subtle differences to justify the price tag and extra speed, and Danohi has demistified that for me now - thank you Dan.

Obviously Danohi seem to prefer the G10's over the i15, but what about you Born, which one's your pick?

Cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 11:29 AM

I played the G10s for a while with the Super-Tri driver. They have 2 different meter speeds and I was constantly hitting the irons early because of it. On a lark during the "reopened" sale I bought the i15s to see if that would change and it surely did. For some odd reason I find it much easier to ding the i15s and the driver now that they match. With the Tour-SD ball the meter is very quick but the consistency of the speeds makes up for it. Be warned, though-this doesn't happen in one or two days. 

As for the additional accuracy and length I like the way they handle the different spins (with less deviation) and wind, despite the high trajectory. I even stopped using the TMs at SA because of this. GL

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:05 PM

Very well then, and thank you Jim for your valuable input. I can't buy the i15's right now, for obvious reasons, but as soon as will reach the level necessary to unlock them - in 3 to 4 months - I will give it a go. Of course by then we may have something newer and more exciting to consider...

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 3:21 PM

Jim, I did the same thing...all meter speeds are now the same driver, 3W through PW and it is easier. I ditched all my other clubs so I'm stuck with them and had to learn. I never should have sold my other clubs but I did so now I have no other options. I have learned to hit them and don't mind not having the other clubs at all I guess. They seem to fly higher so they land softer and the extra yardage is nice, but as Jim said the main thing is the constant meter speeds.

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:59 PM

good call guys the i15's are great clubs.. i love being able to hit full backspin on shot where every other player you shooting with can hit the green but she dont stick :D well the i15s put u in spots most cant get to :D

• PAGES
RSS